There are newer employer reviews for Check Point Software Technologies

What an amazing place to make an impact!

Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Carlos, CA
Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Check Point Software Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a lot of camaraderie and support for each other here. People step in to help you out. The work itself is incredibly interesting and constantly changing. So if you like an environment of new and exciting areas to work on, it's great here. The marketing organization is really rejuvenated since we brought on a new CMO. The work environment is great - lots of group outings, always free lunch, breakfasts on Fridays. You also get to work with some of the brightest and smartest people.

Cons

The company has a culture that strives for excellence so you often have to iterate on the work till you get to that level. The HQ is in Israel so sometimes the hour difference calls for early morning or late night calls. It's a very value driven company for any expense which creates many processes when it involves spending with external vendors. If you don't watch it, you are bound to gain the Check Point 10 pounds!

Advice to Management

Listen a bit more to the ideas. Be ready to try some things even if you aren't guaranteed that they will work.

Other Employee Reviews for Check Point Software Technologies

1. Just started and already have learned so much. I love the work atmoshpehere

Current Employee - Channel Marketing Manager in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Channel Marketing Manager in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Check Point Software Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For working here for only three months, I have learned more in my current position than any previous job I've held before. I have the best supervisor and with the addition of the new CMO, the marketing department has really whipped up into shape. The people that work here could not be nicer and it has been an absolute pleasure working for Check Point.

Cons

Food, food and more food. They love to feed you here!

Poised for greatness!

Current Employee - Web Developer in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Check Point Software Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working with the great people. Check Point has this startup feel, but the financial security of a big company. I'm always learning new things, and we have some freedom to suggest new technologies. There is always something going on that I haven't felt my work mundane after 7+ years here. I feel that I'm really making a difference for the company and this is important for me. Employees are rewarded for good performance every year with bonuses, salary increases, and even RSU! Some say that this company is cheap, but for the company to send all their employees and significant others across the globe to Mexico for a 3 days excursion has got to speak for itself. And, this is not the first time. Plus, team outings, breakfast on Fridays, and the free waiter.com lunches every day is a great plus!

Cons

There are some challenges working with Israel (our headquarter), due to time differences and some language barriers, but this is expected. The company forces you to think out of the box because you don't have an unlimited amount of funding for your projects, so you have to really find the best solution to get what you need. Because we have been without a leader for a while, there have been some turnovers in the company, but our new CMO is aggressively working to hire new talents.

Advice to Management

Our new CMO, Marie Hattar, is awesome! She brings in a lot of energy, passion, and purpose. This is what the company is missing for a long time now, someone to really lead the Marketing front here in San Carlos, and bring in the Israeli component to make it one company, one voice. I'm really, really excited that Marie is here! She has already made a tremendous effect in the company culture and how we look at things in the short period of time she is here. She is so open and honest about what is going on, and so approachable! A real people-person. We are very lucky to have her and I'm looking forward to only greatness for the company!