Very Stressfull

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company gives you the ability to create your own strategies for success.

Cons

The company does not care about their employees. They have such a high turnover that they are always understaffed which makes their employees overworked and a very stressful environment. Upper management blames it on "Poor Execution". The regional manger has either lost touch with day to day operation responsibilities and the (lack of) tools that are given to carry them out, or simply doesn't care :(

Advice to Management

Create a bonus program for Customer Service Representatives to give them encouragment in their jobs. They are overworked and under paid and are expected to do the same work as their manager, when their manager has the day off. They are held accountable but are not compensated. No wonder they don't stick around :(

Other Employee Reviews for Check 'n Go

1. Easy Job but horrible company to work for!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Check 'n Go part-time

Pros

The work schedule was great for me. A CSR for my location was only allowed to work 20hrs/week. So I only worked 3-4 days a week. I had a great manager that alternated working every other Saturday with me. The job it self is very easy!

Cons

Worst company I have EVER worked for! Upper management is so unappreciative of any good you do. All they care about is the numbers. My manager was great but that is about it. There is a high turn over rate at this company so if other locations near you need you to fill in at their store they NEVER hesitated to ask. For a couple month span on my every day off, my mgr was calling to ask if I could come in to work at another store. Upper mgmt was always changing so nothing was constant. I also hated ripping people off! That is the nature of the job though. You have to get the customer to take out highest amt approved even if you know they cannot afford it. I also didn't feel very safe working here after dark. Some customers were very nice but some can get a little out of hand and most of the time you are the only employee working. The only time you work with your manager is mostly on Fridays, the 1st of the month and 3rd of the month. It was the easiest job I have ever had with great hours but the cons definitely out way the good for me.

Advice to Management

Start appreciating your employees in the stores! When an employee quits or is let go, get a new hire in there asap! It is extremely stressful and a huge pain for other stores to have to fill in on their days off!

Worst company I have ever worked for!!! RUN RUN RUN!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Well I did meet some great people (customers) that I hope to stay in touch with, but other than that, NONE!!!

Cons

Very unsafe. I was robbed at gunpoint and then was almost fired for getting robbed!!! Upper management don't want to spend the money to get more employees or some kind of safety measures in place. If you are not a store manager or above, you don't even exist at Check n Go!!! And you can forget about moving up to a manager position if you were not hired in as one. They would rather hire people that don't know anything about Check n Go than promote someone who has worked for the company and knows about the company!!! I was passed over for several management positions and the DDO is a liar who hired all of his former employees from the company he came from! And guess what, all were hired in as managers!!!! Its ridiculous! Just because you have experience in the industry doesn't mean you know everything about Check n Go!!! And the worst part is that I truly liked the "job" and was a loyal and dedicated employee..I work hard for this company and now I am being treated unfairly because I blew the whistle on my manager who just so happens to be a close friend of my DDO. There is so much illegal and shady stuff going down at not only the store Im at but within the district its unbelievable!!! I can't wait to get away from Check n Go, the sooner the better!! My advice is don't work here unless you are hired in as a manager, otherwise noone will even know that you are there....

Advice to Management

Realize that the CSRs are the face of your company and give them the recognition that they deserve. Also, what looks good on the surface usually stinks underneath!!! Look into to the people you have in "charge"!