Better than nothing

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Check 'n Go part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good hours, get to meet awesome customers better than working minimum wage in a retail store

Cons

Have to drive to the bank everyday and to other stores often with
 absolutely no gas reimbursement. All Associates are required to stand on the street corner waving a sign. Have to put flyers in car windshields in the rain snow sleet or hail. always understaffed

You want us to run the company like our own personal business so stop micromanaging

Other Reviews for Check 'n Go

Very Stressfull

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company gives you the ability to create your own strategies for success.

Cons

The company does not care about their employees. They have such a high turnover that they are always understaffed which makes their employees overworked and a very stressful environment. Upper management blames it on "Poor Execution". The regional manger has either lost touch with day to day operation responsibilities and the (lack of) tools that are given to carry them out, or simply doesn't care :(

Create a bonus program for Customer Service Representatives to give them encouragment in their jobs. They are overworked and under paid and are expected to do the same work as their manager, when their manager has the day off. They are held accountable but are not compensated. No wonder they don't stick around :(

Easy Job but horrible company to work for!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Check 'n Go part-time

Pros

The work schedule was great for me. A CSR for my location was only allowed to work 20hrs/week. So I only worked 3-4 days a week. I had a great manager that alternated working every other Saturday with me. The job it self is very easy!

Cons

Worst company I have EVER worked for! Upper management is so unappreciative of any good you do. All they care about is the numbers. My manager was great but that is about it. There is a high turn over rate at this company so if other locations near you need you to fill in at their store they NEVER hesitated to ask. For a couple month span on my every day off, my mgr was calling to ask if I could come in to work at another store. Upper mgmt was always changing so nothing was constant. I also hated ripping people off! That is the nature of the job though. You have to get the customer to take out highest amt approved even if you know they cannot afford it. I also didn't feel very safe working here after dark. Some customers were very nice but some can get a little out of hand and most of the time you are the only employee working. The only time you work with your manager is mostly on Fridays, the 1st of the month and 3rd of the month. It was the easiest job I have ever had with great hours but the cons definitely out way the good for me.

Start appreciating your employees in the stores! When an employee quits or is let go, get a new hire in there asap! It is extremely stressful and a huge pain for other stores to have to fill in on their days off!

There are newer employer reviews for Check 'n Go.

Worked for Check 'n Go? Contribute to the Community!