Check 'n Go

www.checkngo.com

Good pay, lots of responsibility and multi-tasking, overwhelming and pressured my management.

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Good pay, and challenging. Increases self worth and the feeling of accomplishment. Helping customers through a bind, and building loyal customer relationships.

Cons

No coverage, can't take any time off, management has unrealistic metrics/ goals, and employees are quitting all the time; leaving their stores uncovered. Their leaving makes it harder for us to stay. Management always wants more from you, they milk you until your dry. Very stressful!

Employees need more incentives to stay. Management needs to reduce stress levels and work load on individuals, and split it into groups. Employees need to know what is expected of them, and work as a team. Managers do not need to cover other stores, only the CSR's need to do so, since they are only allowed 19 hours a week. CSR's should only cover other stores when they are not needed in their home store. When a store is doing great in metrics, try not to discourage them by dogging them about the things they need to improve on. It's very hard to work effectively and get everything done that is supposed to get done in one day with all the other factors of the day. Internet dropping, technology devices breaking/not working, high customer base, training employees, other stores calling for help, management calling saying do this asap, etc. I have known district managers who have had to cover stores for lack of employees, and they can not finish their work; it's not easy. Some days the work can get done, other days it's a bit harder. We offer so many products, and are expected to do so much; one employee is doing what 3 should do. Yall are cutting costs by having 1 employee do multiple jobs. Don't expect us to not get stressed and overwhelmed. Give us a break please.

Other reviews for Check 'n Go

Hey, I'm employed

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Sundays off
    Good benefits
    Cool coworkers(for the most part)

Cons

Being held responsible for debt? Check 'n Go approves them when I can see with my eyes these people aren't going to pay us back and if it were up to me I wouldn't loan to some of these people. Then when they don't pay us, which I fully expected, I'm held responsible for their debt, as it affects my bonus.
    distribute 1200 flyers a week
    poor training

Stop being ridiculously greedy. I can see exactly how much money my store profits and my salary is much much too low.

False advertising

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

sundays off
    funny staff
    Four store managers who knew how business SHOULD be ran and lead by example.

Cons

overwhelming stress
    double talking
    deception
    short staffed
    expected to work miracles
    lacking management skills

get a grip on reality. how can expect quality employees when you provide inferior service?? Had a DM who gossiped worse than the managers plus always caused controversy. DM made up POSITIONS in hopes that would make the job easier to swallow. The more I learned, the less I wanted to be a part of the company. if the dramatics are cut out, real business can be conducted...

There are newer employer reviews for Check 'n Go.

Worked for Check 'n Go? Contribute to the Community!