Check 'n Go

www.checkngo.com
  www.checkngo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Check 'n Go

Check N Go not the ideal place to work over worked underpaid

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Check 'n Go part-time (more than an year)

Pros

People I worked with were nice. My store manager was nice. Customers were nice too!

Cons

no glass windows, and handling lots of cash, vulnerable to robbery.

Corporate is a piece of work.Expect too much and nothing in return for the hard work

76 Other Employee Reviews for Check 'n Go (View Most Recent)

RUN now...

Former Employee - Store Manager in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in DFW, TX

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (less than an year)

Pros

this is a work place from hell

Cons

out dated computer, stressful work place, csr only work 19 hours, they do not care about your family.

Update your computer and get some actual DDO who know the business

Stay away and save yourself the trouble

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at Check 'n Go part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I Never worked Sundays and you didn't work after 7pm. As with any job you would find some quality people.

Cons

Worked there for alittle over 6 months. Worked like a dog and thats okay except it was never enough. Unsafe environment due to nothing between you and a robber. Think about this because you only have one life and this company doesn't consider your life worth a bullet proof glass. They like to use intimidation ( threaten to fire you) and or hand out crappy reviews after you bust your butt for them. Even the best managers I knew just busted their butts for this company and were graded low or very low in job performance. Their expectations were unrealistic and they knew it. I guess their little tactics helps to keep the company rich and the employees 1. Worried if they would have a job 2. On the verge of a nervous breakdown 3. A excuse to screw them out of due raises. The smart ones figure it out and walk away from the mess and don't look back. I did and not a moment went by that I didn't thank god I did. There is another thing to consider and please do if you are considering this line of work. It really began to bother me that I was absolutely ripping these people off on interest. The best way I can explain it is it felt like "legalized loan sharking".I found I just wasn't cut out to assist a company in what I felt was exploitation of people in this way. But then people need to find other ways to borrow (friend or family) when they have a urgent need rather than turn to this type of business. In most cases this was people who couldn't afford to be taken advantage of but found themselves trapped. Taking 90% of their bi-weekly pay to pay the 500.00 loan and charged 75.00 for using that for 2 weeks. They had to reloan in order to pay their rent. This went round and round and round and round. Trapped. Right now the government hasn't put a stop to them but something needs to be done. I was ashamed to work for this place after seeing what I saw. They encouraged their employees and expected their employees to get these people deeper in debt at every opportunity. I felt like a loan shark after awhile. I washed my hand clean and walked out after having busted my butt and getting a stupid unfair review from a boss that Constantly came up short, long, short, long day in and day out while I maintain a precise accounting after my first mistake. I ended up being reviewed by someone that day and day came up long or short. It was a joke. I just pray the state or federal government find time to introduce law that protect people for "companies" that profit from outrageous interest rates. O well you been warned. I was paid $10 a hour but believe me it wasn't enough to put up with their antics and crap.

Sure look into a more moral way to do business with your customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Check 'n Go