Be Careful, You've been warned

Former Employee - District Director of Operations in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - District Director of Operations in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For a field manager, the hours were a bonus. I've never worked a field manager job were you were done by 6 pm and off on weekends. This was not a company culture but just normal hours of operations. The only caveat to that was being fully staffed (which 90% of the company is not so expect to turn keys in your stores weekly)

Cons

Where do I begin. I have never in my professional career had as much anxiety with a job than this one. I received DAILY emails of screenshots of my on camera and phone calls to my cell asking what I was doing as I was being watched on camera. The Regional does not visit markets, but watches you from the comfort of your home on security cameras. When you call your Regional, they do not answer and rarely ever return a call. You integrity will be questioned weekly. If a field manager is terminated (several are termed weekly) the company deems it appropriate to send a company wide email announcing this. whatever the reason they will publicly announce it. Extremely degrading and I'm surprised it does not get then into more trouble. For the 1st time in my professional career, i quit a jib before having another lined up. It was that important to my own personal integrity to move on that quickly.

Advice to Management

Too many to list. My advice to potential candidates is to RUN!! I am embarrassed to have this company in my resume.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good experience for younger workers

Former Employee - Store Manager in Merced, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Merced, CA

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time

Pros

Lots of help from other associates. Really good place to work Lots of work to be completed daily but if you follow the prescribed guidelines you should be successful.

Cons

Huge focus on growth. Requires a fair amount of time outside of the store

Advice to Management

Be more available when a manager need to talk. An open door policy does you no good if there is no one behind it.

Unmanageable workload

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love my team & my customers they are like family. I feel good being able to be there for them when they need someone financially,and I know that they are able to feel comfortable coming in knowing that I understand that life isn't always easy and that I don't judge them or look down on them because of their situation.

Cons

The job is very stressful. It seems that the more our goals increase,the more work they want us to do and the less staff we have. The crazy part ,upper management doesn't seem to ease up,not even a little when you are understaffed,they push you harder.

Advice to Management

You need to take a serious look at staffing in some of your districts, there is no reason why districts with 15-18 stores only 20 employees. Nor should employees be losing vacation time because they were unable to take it due to staffing issues. Also I understand the importance of marketing but what I'm not understanding is having stores close to go marketing,I can remember when cng wouldn't let you close to run and grab something to eat because what if a customer came ,you wouldn't be there & and check n go always took pride in it's excellent customer service,well what kind of service are we giving now?? We close our stores for hours to go marketing & then when we are in the store were understaffed and the customers have to wait. Maybe we as a company would do better if we got back to the basics,to whats important,to what makes us better then all the other payday advance companies ,instead of trying to be like them, Get back to caring about excellent customer service & going the extra mile for a customer.