Fiserv has destroyed what was good at CheckFree

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CheckFree

Pros

Excellent work-life balance. Good benefits. Interesting work and good co-workers.

Cons

It has recently being acquired by Fiserv. Since the acquisition they have outsourced 50% of software engineering. When I was working for CheckFree there was no career path for technical people. Additionally, it was nearly impossible for technical people to move to different functional areas within the organization. Training was advertised as excellent when it was a joke most of the time.

Try to estimulate learning within the company. Allow the opportunity for people to move internally.

Other Reviews for CheckFree

If you work at CheckFree, keep looking for other employment opportunities.

Former Employee - APL Software Developer  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - APL Software Developer in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at CheckFree

Pros

You will be working with a lot of very nice smart people. Some of your colleagues will be extremely well-educated and intelligent. The work can be very challenging, but there is usually little sense of great pressure. Permission to take earned time off is freely given. "Office politics" at the level of the average worker seem to be minimal. The compensation is competetive (however, see next question). Educational funding is available, and the usual benefitsi package is available. Most management personnel seem to be competent and are in their positions because of this competence, not as a result of favoritism.

Cons

There are periodic layoffs in spite of profitable business results, so even when business is good, any sense of job security is fragile. The compensation is not outstanding; if you can do the work at CheckFree, you can probably command a higher salary to do similar work elsewhere in the financial services industry, at least in "normal times," not what we are experiencing at this date.

Treat your workers as human beings.

Flexibility is the key

Current Employee - Software Developer Lead  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Developer Lead in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at CheckFree

Pros

The best reason to work for CheckFree is flexibility in work schedule. We get to work around our daily life's routine.

Cons

Big companies have hard time in getting things done b/c decisions need to be made at the large scale.

Make good and sound decisions for the company.

There are newer employer reviews for CheckFree.

Worked for CheckFree? Contribute to the Community!