Same old same

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Checkpoint Systems

Pros

My management team was very good at distributing information, getting us time off when needed, they stayed out of your business as long as you were meeting deadlines and being productive. Benefit package was pretty good, but my experience is in company's with less than 50 people.

Cons

Same old work day after day, nothing really new and exciting. It is a grind, the company is always talking about how poorly we were doing in the market and makes you worry about if you are going to have your job. My management reassured our department was safe, but still makes you worry.

Advice to Management

A more social environment would be pleasant. 6'-0" cube walls prevent any social interaction and make the days go on forever, I can go a entire day without talking to a single person face to face. More of a team concept would be nice as well.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Things need to change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thorofare, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thorofare, NJ

I have been working at Checkpoint Systems

Pros

Great product to stand behind and very interesting industry

Cons

MBO bonus structure is ridiculous. You are given additional job responsibilities (that are not even manageable) disguised as MBO's in which the payout is based on company performance that is not meet. Comparing work load to salary is not measurable. Ever since the PC conversion people are working under extreme pressure everyday just to get the bare minimum completed. Couple this with reducing the work force by 20% and the end result is very unfavorable for the organization. Employee morale is extremely low and to working harder simply just means you are given more work. Very discouraging!

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the position that is currently taken. We reduced the work force by 20%, spent enormous dollars on a system that was not set up correctly and the expectations are at an all time high for reporting. Multiple jobs for each person is causing an extreme lack in focus and it will only cause the results to continue to dive. I feel people are just waiting for the market to pick up and when it does the situation is only going to worsen as we do not backfill important roles. We need to be more proactive!

2. Salary did not appear on the bell curve

Former Employee - Engineer in Thorofare, NJ
    Former Employee - Engineer in Thorofare, NJ

I worked at Checkpoint Systems

Pros

- It is nice to see the things that you work on out in the field and doing what they are supposed to be doing

Cons

- Salary didnt appear on the bell curve which I thought was a statistical impossibility - Hired for X, had my doing Y. Y was mind numbingly boring - Schedules were unrealistic and had to put in uncompensated Friday nights and weekends in an effort to bring the work in line with the schedule

Advice to Management

Was not there for too long when Mr. van der Merwe was the CEO of Checkpoint systems, although he did run me off the road a few times on my way to work