There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

A very interesting experience, I understand why it is so successful and why I don't like working for big conglomerates.

Former Employee - Server in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Server in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

Easy to get time off since there is so much staff, it's easy to pick up and drop shifts as you like.
A beautiful view if you work on the terrace outside, which is a luxury because most restaurant jobs don't have options to be outdoors let alone with nice views. Good tips and international cliental, relatively fair management depending on who is on deck.

Cons

Very cliquey, with over 100 servers it starts to become a bit like high school and it tends to get a bit incestuous with all the staff members. Many other servers had attitude and often seemed to hate their job, this type of environment rubs off even if I didn't initially dislike it. Uniform is ridiculous and annoying.

Advice to Management

Get employee feedback more often and make the break room more welcoming, encourage the staff to become closer as a team.

reviews filtered by
  1. It was an okay experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

you get to eat a lot of cheesecake and get to interact with a lot of different people at work.

Cons

working at cheesecake factory is okay but you have to deal with stuck up people all day that are sometimes rude.

Advice to Management

the cheesecake factory would be a better place to work if the management team were more experienced and higher caliber

2. Better then most places

Current Employee - Sever in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sever in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

Easy money , flexible days to work , free food !

Cons

Fellow employees complain a lot , and are a bit lazy ! I feel all states should pay min wage at the min , I don't agree with the 2.13 an hour in some states ! Company makes servers try to push cheesecake on guests . I feel if people want cheesecake they know we have it !

Advice to Management

Trust in your employees more to do the job before flying off at the handle , if people want desert they will order it !

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory