Cheesecake Factory

www.thecheesecakefactory.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

A very interesting experience, I understand why it is so successful and why I don't like working for big conglomerates.

Former Employee - Server in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Server in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

Easy to get time off since there is so much staff, it's easy to pick up and drop shifts as you like.
A beautiful view if you work on the terrace outside, which is a luxury because most restaurant jobs don't have options to be outdoors let alone with nice views. Good tips and international cliental, relatively fair management depending on who is on deck.

Cons

Very cliquey, with over 100 servers it starts to become a bit like high school and it tends to get a bit incestuous with all the staff members. Many other servers had attitude and often seemed to hate their job, this type of environment rubs off even if I didn't initially dislike it. Uniform is ridiculous and annoying.

Get employee feedback more often and make the break room more welcoming, encourage the staff to become closer as a team.

513 Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory (View Most Recent)

For the most part a good team, the company has good structure.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

They have a really good training program, the food's really good, and the schedule is pretty flexible. If you work hard and don't rub anyone the wrong way, the managers pretty much let you do your thing.

Cons

Some of the managers can be real a-holes on power trips. They're supposed to be the rock when things go down, but a lot of them panic more than you do.

Calm down, be fair, have fun. It's okay to say you don't know the answer once in a while, instead of acting like you do and giving out wrong information.

Better then most places

Current Employee - Sever in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sever in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

Easy money , flexible days to work , free food !

Cons

Fellow employees complain a lot , and are a bit lazy ! I feel all states should pay min wage at the min , I don't agree with the 2.13 an hour in some states ! Company makes servers try to push cheesecake on guests . I feel if people want cheesecake they know we have it !

Trust in your employees more to do the job before flying off at the handle , if people want desert they will order it !

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory