There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

A great fast paced company to be a part of with high standards

Current Employee - Food Server in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Food Server in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very team oriented. The managers are very helpful and driven. There are a lot of shifts to work. The money is great. If full-time there are really good health benefits offered. Flexible scheduling, and short shifts make it a great job for a full-time student. Always busy.

Cons

Because of the fast pace management doesn't have time to take care of staff at times. Hosts regularly seat all tables at the same time. If full-time servers are very overworked and burned out. Weekends must be worked as well as holidays. Shifts can go really late at night.

Advice to Management

Change the rules as far as seating a server all tables at once. This rule can really hurt the server and cause them to be overworked, as well as risk hurting the guest experience. Breaker and food-running shifts should pay better. There should be more food-runners scheduled each shift. Work life balance is a huge problem. Management doesn't care at all about work life balance.

Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Loads of fuss and no money

Former Employee - Server in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Relatively good food; - Good name keeps restaurant busy; - Excellent location; - Excellent scheduling system

Cons

- Customers who get attracted by Cheesecake Brand don't tip well and you have to pay off a lot of your tips to runners/bussers, when your sales volume is high and tip % low it really feels you spent your time sweating for nothing. - Most customers are rude and overly fussy, loads of drama queens who only want to get an item off their check. - Managers do not care about doing even simple tasks that can lead to more customer satisfaction, they only care to look good in front of someone who is making a mistake by correcting it inappropriately.

Advice to Management

- Send the whole team of managers in Chicago location to the proper management school one by one and make sure they do not return unless they pass 90% including practicals.

Unfair & Hurtful

Current Employee - Server in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Server in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling (except for Sunday brunch, I'm forced to work these :( ) I love the fact that I have been able to travel to other cities & enjoy my non CCF work & I enjoy being around my co-workers. I enjoy the fact that I can work 5-6 hr days & walk away w/ more than I would making an hourly wage. I enjoy the fact that I get 50% off food when scheduled & 25% when not.

Cons

Management does not listen to me & apparently does not communicate well amongst themselves.

Advice to Management

I hate the feeling that I'm just there or not respected by the majority of mgt & treated unfairly when it comes to scheduling, advancement w/i the company & favoritism. I don't have to be a favorite, but I do expect to have the same opportunities to make money as the next person & if I'm not excelling, please elaborate as to how, give examples, etc...To this day, I'm simply not sure of what exactly I'm doing wrong to the point that I don't get assigned for particular sections, I can only pickup & can't even do that all of the time, why I'm not trusted to be a DT (designated trainer), & why I'm treated as an alien or someone who does not know what they are doing. I do the best I can & would to be treated as such. I'm not perfect, but I do work very hard & want the same opportunities to prosper as the next person.