Cheesecake Factory

Bakery

Current Employee - Baker  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Baker in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people to work with and better chances of moving up

Cons

Work too hard for little pay

none at the moment

406 Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory (View Most Recent)

Loads of fuss and no money

Former Employee - Server  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Relatively good food;
    - Good name keeps restaurant busy;
    - Excellent location;
    - Excellent scheduling system

Cons

- Customers who get attracted by Cheesecake Brand don't tip well and you have to pay off a lot of your tips to runners/bussers, when your sales volume is high and tip % low it really feels you spent your time sweating for nothing.
    - Most customers are rude and overly fussy, loads of drama queens who only want to get an item off their check.
    - Managers do not care about doing even simple tasks that can lead to more customer satisfaction, they only care to look good in front of someone who is making a mistake by correcting it inappropriately.

- Send the whole team of managers in Chicago location to the proper management school one by one and make sure they do not return unless they pass 90% including practicals.

Unfair & Hurtful

Current Employee - Server  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Server in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible scheduling (except for Sunday brunch, I'm forced to work these :( )

I love the fact that I have been able to travel to other cities & enjoy my non CCF work & I enjoy being around my co-workers. I enjoy the fact that I can work 5-6 hr days & walk away w/ more than I would making an hourly wage. I enjoy the fact that I get 50% off food when scheduled & 25% when not.

Cons

Management does not listen to me & apparently does not communicate well amongst themselves.

I hate the feeling that I'm just there or not respected by the majority of mgt & treated unfairly when it comes to scheduling, advancement w/i the company & favoritism. I don't have to be a favorite, but I do expect to have the same opportunities to make money as the next person & if I'm not excelling, please elaborate as to how, give examples, etc...To this day, I'm simply not sure of what exactly I'm doing wrong to the point that I don't get assigned for particular sections, I can only pickup & can't even do that all of the time, why I'm not trusted to be a DT (designated trainer), & why I'm treated as an alien or someone who does not know what they are doing. I do the best I can & would to be treated as such. I'm not perfect, but I do work very hard & want the same opportunities to prosper as the next person.

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!