Cheesecake Factory

www.thecheesecakefactory.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Best large restaurant company to work as a server.

Current Employee - Food Server in Schaumburg, IL
Current Employee - Food Server in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Strong training program that really spends the time to help new servers learn the menu and the standards of service. Expectations for standards are well-defined, including language to use and steps of service. The company also creates a strong sense of community with company-wide communications, volunteer programs and opportunities to transfer or change position. The company is well-organized, has quality products, maintains strong marketing, and continues to grow.

Cons

I wish the benefits package for hourly staff was better, but those are losing ground in many companies, and that's all in a state of change, anyway.

488 Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory (View Most Recent)

The Cheesecake Factory- Server

Current Employee - Server in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Server in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is one of the best jobs you can have waiting tables. On average I make $20 per hour. For me they have been flexible with my schedule and it has been a great job to have while I am putting myself through college.

Cons

When your store has changed general managers 3 times in the last 3 years you know that something is up. In my opinion all of the managers have had excellent qualities. I believe that this is just the nature of the corporate world.

Listen to what your employees are saying and if you treat them with respect and show them consideration they will do the same for you.

not what i expected

Former Employee - Waitress in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Waitress in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than a year)

Pros

i liked most of the people i worked with. the restaurant was beautiful inside. i liked a lot of the food. i learned a lot about people, the good and the bad.

Cons

most of the customers that dine there are beyond cheap. they want fine dining 5 star service and want to tip on a denny's bill. i have worked in restaurants for over 15 years and have never disliked a job so much. customers would be completely rude and out of line and the management doesnt care, well not about their employees. the managers never back up their employees at all.

your employees work hard to get a job there. a customer treating your staff horribly should not be accepted. back up your employees more

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory