Cheesecake Factory

www.thecheesecakefactory.com
  www.thecheesecakefactory.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

The environment is a good work environment as long as you are good with people

Former Employee - Baker in Palisades, NY
Former Employee - Baker in Palisades, NY

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great ambiance, great boss, and great co-workers

Cons

Very Busy from time to time and slow at others

463 Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory (View Most Recent)

A love/hate relationship

Current Employee - Food Server in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Food Server in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time (more than an year)

Pros

As with all serving jobs, flexible scheduling is always a plus. Also, there are food runners and, in some locations, people who take care of the cleaning and marrying of ketchups, for example--all of which reduce your responsibilities as a server, diminishing your side work etc. The shifts are relatively smooth, even on busy nights, which is nice. I've worked at other restaurants where you run out of everything when its busy and your life sucks. But Cheesecake runs pretty well. You have what you need for the most part.
    Also, its pretty easy to move between stores which is really convenient and helped me get through college.

Cons

Obviously the uniforms are horrible. Whoever thought of all white in a restaurant environment needs help. I understand them wanting to present as clean of an appearance to guests as possible, but come on! You learn to dodge stains and stay clean in a weird way, but some things just can't be avoided--like the dirtying of the bottom hem of your pants. However, the uniforms and ankle-length aprons are extremely uncomfortable...they retain the heat and sweat and it's gross.

There is also little to NO employee appreciation with the exception of a holiday cheesecake. However, this cheesecake is sold by Costco so is not the same caliber the restaurant offers guests. Cheesecake Factory would NEVER even think about selling the cheesecake it gives to its employees in the store. Also, there are never any contests or challenges that make work fun. You can get the "power tie" which gives you free meals based upon customer satisfaction ratings, however, the menu from which you get to chose your meals is severely limited--mainly to appetizers and the less enjoyable/cheaper food items.

Employee appreciation and elevating morale should be your highest concerns. And trying to "hype" up the staff using just words during your alignment meetings isn't enough....

Very busy,pays the bills but that's all really

Current Employee - Server in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Server in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The training is very thorough and emphasis is on quality and guest relations. In my particular store, the kitchen is very smooth and fast. Friendships can be developed with fellow staff that can become long lasting. The GM at my location is amazing and his good morale does flow downward when he's there.

Cons

Management favoritism is a big problem with my location as well as the others from what I've read. It seems that no matter how hard you work toward the "Cheesecake Mission" or how little you contribute, it doesn't make a difference. If you are on a mgr's good list and kiss a lot butt, you can pretty much get anything you want, and by all means don't make any waves - you'll end up a second rate number. The worst thing they did to us was take away our smoking privileges! The CCF became a multi-billion dollar company after 30 years with servers who smoked and when you walk by a fine dining restaurant and see that their employees can go out for a smoke and we can't it kinda makes you mad. After a busy 4 hours waiting on rude foreigners, a smoke would certainly be nice for the ones who have the habbit- instead you get a progressively more irritated server! Speaking of foreiners,, there is NO policy against auto-grats and we should be allowed to do it at locations that suffer the low or no tips from Europeans, Canadians and others who just don't wanna tip.....The company as a whole is aware of the problem yet refuses to do anything about it , to me that demonstrates they only care about their bank accounts and as long as the check total is paid.......One more thing......why for such a HUGE company am I having to pay $100 or more a month for health insurance ?

Stop the favoritism!! We are not in 4th grade folks!! If we were I'd be sure to bring an apple to work with me sometimes. Give back our smoking priviledges!!! If you are a smoker, it relieves stress when u have one in stressful situations. If you are not allowed, the stress only builds. If you're not a smoker then stop trying to regulate my rights as a smoker in not in California for Pete sake! I'm a big girl I can figure out a good time to slip one in without hurting anybody- we've done it for years that way. Don't forget us career servers when you're rolling out sections, just because I'm not one of your pets or not as cute and pretty as someone else, I've put in a LOT of my life to this company and would LOVE some real appreciation for it---- otherwise , what's the point? Right?

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory