Cheesecake Factory

www.thecheesecakefactory.com
  www.thecheesecakefactory.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Very busy,pays the bills but that's all really

Current Employee - Server in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Server in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The training is very thorough and emphasis is on quality and guest relations. In my particular store, the kitchen is very smooth and fast. Friendships can be developed with fellow staff that can become long lasting. The GM at my location is amazing and his good morale does flow downward when he's there.

Cons

Management favoritism is a big problem with my location as well as the others from what I've read. It seems that no matter how hard you work toward the "Cheesecake Mission" or how little you contribute, it doesn't make a difference. If you are on a mgr's good list and kiss a lot butt, you can pretty much get anything you want, and by all means don't make any waves - you'll end up a second rate number. The worst thing they did to us was take away our smoking privileges! The CCF became a multi-billion dollar company after 30 years with servers who smoked and when you walk by a fine dining restaurant and see that their employees can go out for a smoke and we can't it kinda makes you mad. After a busy 4 hours waiting on rude foreigners, a smoke would certainly be nice for the ones who have the habbit- instead you get a progressively more irritated server! Speaking of foreiners,, there is NO policy against auto-grats and we should be allowed to do it at locations that suffer the low or no tips from Europeans, Canadians and others who just don't wanna tip.....The company as a whole is aware of the problem yet refuses to do anything about it , to me that demonstrates they only care about their bank accounts and as long as the check total is paid.......One more thing......why for such a HUGE company am I having to pay $100 or more a month for health insurance ?

Stop the favoritism!! We are not in 4th grade folks!! If we were I'd be sure to bring an apple to work with me sometimes. Give back our smoking priviledges!!! If you are a smoker, it relieves stress when u have one in stressful situations. If you are not allowed, the stress only builds. If you're not a smoker then stop trying to regulate my rights as a smoker in not in California for Pete sake! I'm a big girl I can figure out a good time to slip one in without hurting anybody- we've done it for years that way. Don't forget us career servers when you're rolling out sections, just because I'm not one of your pets or not as cute and pretty as someone else, I've put in a LOT of my life to this company and would LOVE some real appreciation for it---- otherwise , what's the point? Right?

449 Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory (View Most Recent)

Still just a restaurant

Former Employee - Cashier in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great food, lots of employees, free soup/bread on shifts; easy shift trades

Cons

They don't advance you when they say they will; management plays favorites; minimal on-shift breaks

Do what you promise your employees. Don't play favorites.

Good company, location skeptical

Former Employee - Baker in Hackensack, NJ
    Former Employee - Baker in Hackensack, NJ

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working in the restaurant business is always a good way to gain working experience.

Cons

However, it is not for everyone.

N/A