Cheesecake Factory
www.thecheesecakefactory.com Agoura Hills, CA 5000+ Employees

A love/hate relationship

Food Server (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time for more than a year

ProsAs with all serving jobs, flexible scheduling is always a plus. Also, there are food runners and, in some locations, people who take care of the cleaning and marrying of ketchups, for example--all of which reduce your responsibilities as a server, diminishing your side work etc. The shifts are relatively smooth, even on busy nights, which is nice. I've worked at other restaurants where you run out of everything when its busy and your life sucks. But Cheesecake runs pretty well. You have what you need for the most part.
Also, its pretty easy to move between stores which is really convenient and helped me get through college.

ConsObviously the uniforms are horrible. Whoever thought of all white in a restaurant environment needs help. I understand them wanting to present as clean of an appearance to guests as possible, but come on! You learn to dodge stains and stay clean in a weird way, but some things just can't be avoided--like the dirtying of the bottom hem of your pants. However, the uniforms and ankle-length aprons are extremely uncomfortable...they retain the heat and sweat and it's gross.

There is also little to NO employee appreciation with the exception of a holiday cheesecake. However, this cheesecake is sold by Costco so is not the same caliber the restaurant offers guests. Cheesecake Factory would NEVER even think about selling the cheesecake it gives to its employees in the store. Also, there are never any contests or challenges that make work fun. You can get the "power tie" which gives you free meals based upon customer satisfaction ratings, however, the menu from which you get to chose your meals is severely limited--mainly to appetizers and the less enjoyable/cheaper food items.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee appreciation and elevating morale should be your highest concerns. And trying to "hype" up the staff using just words during your alignment meetings isn't enough....

Good for a restaurant job

Hostess/Front Desk (Current Employee)
Columbia, MD

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fast paced so this is a great place to work if you get bored easily and… Cons: Can be stressful, customers can be needy or really difficult, but that is all with most… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best large restaurant company to work as a server.

Food Server (Current Employee)
Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time for more than a year

Pros: Strong training program that really spends the time to help new servers learn the menu and the standards of service. Expectations for standards are well-defined,… Cons: I wish the benefits package for hourly staff was better, but those are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cheesecake Factory.

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cheesecake Factory reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cheesecake Factory CEO David Overton. All reviews posted anonymously by Cheesecake Factory employees.