Server

Former Employee - Server in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Server in Miami, FL

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility is always what a person is looking for when working as a server. The cheesecake factory affords it's servers the time and flexibility to work while going to school.

Cons

As is the case with many corporate restaurants, management is almost always a pain. Give someone a taste of authority and, more often than not, they will abuse it.

Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

1. Overworked, unappreciated, and incompetent management

Former Employee - Server in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tips were above average on Friday's and Saturdays; however, you had to be on the manager's good side to be scheduled for those days. The other servers were genuine, nice, and helpful people. If you needed a day off for whatever reason, it was easy to find a coworker willing to take the shift for you. The chef's are excellent and execute delicious food.

Cons

Being a male, the manager's (all men) were more drawn to women servers for obvious reasons and flirted with them non-stop. Because of their infatuation with the younger women servers, all the best sections and times to serve were scheduled for the women--leaving the men to the worst sections. Favoritism was also unprofessional with respect to how the manager's treated pretty women employee's in comparison to how they treated the others.

Advice to Management

Respect your servers, don't talk down to them, keep your tempers under control. Also keep in mind that some of us are going to school and when we tell you a month in advance that we have a final exam on a certain date, don't tell us 2 days before we must come to work or were fired.

2. Actually go above and beyond to make sure the customer is #1

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best company i have ever worked for really care about the people and we make sure the staff is as happy as possible

Cons

Longer hours but pay is worth them