Cheesecake Factory

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Fast Paced, Always busy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

it;s always busy they have great product, and the environment is fun and friendly

Cons

most guests dont realize we make 2.13$ an hour, so at times its frustrating because tip out is based off of sales not tips and its a higher percentage than any other company ive worked for. if a guest walkes out on their bill, or only pay partial, its an automatice 3 day suspension no questions asked,,, it doesnt matter what happened the server is at fault

lighten up when corporate rolls in, we dont need you jumping down our throats because upper management walks in the door. 48 hours and theyll fly back out but we're still here

462 Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory (View Most Recent)

Hard work, but great rewards

Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I had started as a server and moved quickly to a management role. The managers saw the potential in me and became great mentors and invested their time in my development. The training is fantastic at every level. The company is VERY focused on the details. Being great isn't good enough- they strive for perfection.

Cons

I don't think you could be successful if you weren't 100% dedicated to the company and the mission. It takes hard work and dedication, and if you don't have the buy-in it would probably be intolerable.

Don't compromise on what you do or strive to do.

It all evens out as a server.

Former Employee - Server in Wayne, NJ
    Former Employee - Server in Wayne, NJ

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time (more than an year)

Pros

When this establishment is busy, you can do extremely well; but when it is not, obviously it shifts in the other direction. The guests go both ways as well, but more often than not, you have great people dining here.

Cons

You don't get free food. You aren't provided breaks. And, depending on management, you can be stuck in a shift and unable to go home when it's not busy.

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory