Cheesecake Factory

www.thecheesecakefactory.com

Great Company To work for

Current Employee - Server  in  Westbury, NY
Current Employee - Server in Westbury, NY

Pros

You make great money because the restaurant is always busy. I love the staff and the managers- everyone is awesome.

Cons

You always have to work on Holidays and its hard to get shifts covered. It is almost like slave labor at times because people suck at tipping. There is a lot of side work also.

Other reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Very Corporate, number driven, money making, fast paced

Former Employee - Food Server  in  Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Dunwoody, GA

Pros

The people I worked with were great. There is plenty of money to be made there. Fast paced environment, which helps you keep busy and makes the time go by faster. I would definitely recommend working there, but just expect a corporate atmosphere. It was not for me but I don't regret working there. The overall staff including management was friendly. You can make your schedule requests on their online system. There are great health care benefits.

Cons

The company is driven by numbers. The culture does not have much of a family environment, you come in there to make money and you leave. It was very cliquey and management was very cut throat. I came in 2 minutes late and shift was "Shark" taken by someone that was already there waiting to pick up a shift. No flexibility to suggest any improvements for the restaurant because everything is already implemented as a system. Have to wear all white...which gets dirty real quick.

I would advice management to get more personal with the employees and understand that they are human and not cattle. Make more activities for employees in order for them to effort to be as a whole/ team.

Good and bad, like most places

Pros

great training, decent pay, great health insurance

Cons

still a few bad apples that get away with poor behavior

check into your HR complaints- some keep disappearing. Its amazing to to me that managers can get away with the things they do, yes you have a ton of lawsuits against you, most are not valid. However, there are some that should be looked into- there are people within your company that will cost you a lot of money someday!

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory.

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!