You're only as good as your worst hostess.

Former Employee - Hostess/Front Desk  in  Southlake, TX
Former Employee - Hostess/Front Desk in Southlake, TX

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time for more than a year

Pros

Each day was fun and exciting. Even as a host, I became very close to the servers. The environment is pretty laid back as long as you maintain a professional appearance. The managers were always very nice and understanding of your needs. They really took time to get to know each employee as an individual. The pay is good for the amount of work that is expected and you don't have to bus tables which is always a plus.

Cons

As my title states, you are only as good as your worst hostess. If the good hostesses were working, the front desk was like a well-oiled machine. We were fast, efficient, and organized so everyone had a good time and enjoyed their shift. Unfortunately, as with every job, there were a few hostesses who fell below the expectations. These hostesses made the entire shift stressful for everyone because they were sloppy and made many mistakes so the good hostesses were having to pick up the slack.

Other Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Great

Current Employee - Senior Restaurant Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Restaurant Manager

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company. Corporate culture that is well established and effective. Development that is specific and self guided and advancement that is clearly laid out and attainable.

Cons

You will never work harder as a manager any where else. The level of commitment and effort required to be successful is intense but you do see a reward for hard work

Pay internal highers more

Very Corporate, number driven, money making, fast paced

Former Employee - Food Server  in  Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I worked with were great. There is plenty of money to be made there. Fast paced environment, which helps you keep busy and makes the time go by faster. I would definitely recommend working there, but just expect a corporate atmosphere. It was not for me but I don't regret working there. The overall staff including management was friendly. You can make your schedule requests on their online system. There are great health care benefits.

Cons

The company is driven by numbers. The culture does not have much of a family environment, you come in there to make money and you leave. It was very cliquey and management was very cut throat. I came in 2 minutes late and shift was "Shark" taken by someone that was already there waiting to pick up a shift. No flexibility to suggest any improvements for the restaurant because everything is already implemented as a system. Have to wear all white...which gets dirty real quick.

I would advice management to get more personal with the employees and understand that they are human and not cattle. Make more activities for employees in order for them to effort to be as a whole/ team.

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory.

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!