Cheesecake Factory

www.thecheesecakefactory.com
  www.thecheesecakefactory.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

You're only as good as your worst hostess.

Former Employee - Hostess/Front Desk in Southlake, TX
Former Employee - Hostess/Front Desk in Southlake, TX

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Each day was fun and exciting. Even as a host, I became very close to the servers. The environment is pretty laid back as long as you maintain a professional appearance. The managers were always very nice and understanding of your needs. They really took time to get to know each employee as an individual. The pay is good for the amount of work that is expected and you don't have to bus tables which is always a plus.

Cons

As my title states, you are only as good as your worst hostess. If the good hostesses were working, the front desk was like a well-oiled machine. We were fast, efficient, and organized so everyone had a good time and enjoyed their shift. Unfortunately, as with every job, there were a few hostesses who fell below the expectations. These hostesses made the entire shift stressful for everyone because they were sloppy and made many mistakes so the good hostesses were having to pick up the slack.

435 Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory (View Most Recent)

Great

Current Employee - Senior Restaurant Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Restaurant Manager

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company. Corporate culture that is well established and effective. Development that is specific and self guided and advancement that is clearly laid out and attainable.

Cons

You will never work harder as a manager any where else. The level of commitment and effort required to be successful is intense but you do see a reward for hard work

Pay internal highers more

Great Company To work for

Current Employee - Server in Westbury, NY
    Current Employee - Server in Westbury, NY

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You make great money because the restaurant is always busy. I love the staff and the managers- everyone is awesome.

Cons

You always have to work on Holidays and its hard to get shifts covered. It is almost like slave labor at times because people suck at tipping. There is a lot of side work also.

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory