Cheesecake Factory

www.thecheesecakefactory.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Very Corporate, number driven, money making, fast paced

Former Employee - Food Server in Dunwoody, GA
Former Employee - Food Server in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were great. There is plenty of money to be made there. Fast paced environment, which helps you keep busy and makes the time go by faster. I would definitely recommend working there, but just expect a corporate atmosphere. It was not for me but I don't regret working there. The overall staff including management was friendly. You can make your schedule requests on their online system. There are great health care benefits.

Cons

The company is driven by numbers. The culture does not have much of a family environment, you come in there to make money and you leave. It was very cliquey and management was very cut throat. I came in 2 minutes late and shift was "Shark" taken by someone that was already there waiting to pick up a shift. No flexibility to suggest any improvements for the restaurant because everything is already implemented as a system. Have to wear all white...which gets dirty real quick.

I would advice management to get more personal with the employees and understand that they are human and not cattle. Make more activities for employees in order for them to effort to be as a whole/ team.

514 Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory (View Most Recent)

Great

Current Employee - Senior Restaurant Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Restaurant Manager

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company. Corporate culture that is well established and effective. Development that is specific and self guided and advancement that is clearly laid out and attainable.

Cons

You will never work harder as a manager any where else. The level of commitment and effort required to be successful is intense but you do see a reward for hard work

Pay internal highers more

Great Company To work for

Current Employee - Server in Westbury, NY
    Current Employee - Server in Westbury, NY

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You make great money because the restaurant is always busy. I love the staff and the managers- everyone is awesome.

Cons

You always have to work on Holidays and its hard to get shifts covered. It is almost like slave labor at times because people suck at tipping. There is a lot of side work also.

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory