Cheesecake Factory

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Overall great summer expierence

Former Employee - Grill/Fry Line Cook in Boulder, CO
Former Employee - Grill/Fry Line Cook in Boulder, CO

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Quick advancement oppurtunites for the hardworking

Cons

Management is a little slow and scattered

Know all the inner workings of the kitchen and make sure there is always someone who knows what to do

513 Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory (View Most Recent)

You're only as good as your worst hostess.

Former Employee - Hostess/Front Desk in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Hostess/Front Desk in Southlake, TX

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Each day was fun and exciting. Even as a host, I became very close to the servers. The environment is pretty laid back as long as you maintain a professional appearance. The managers were always very nice and understanding of your needs. They really took time to get to know each employee as an individual. The pay is good for the amount of work that is expected and you don't have to bus tables which is always a plus.

Cons

As my title states, you are only as good as your worst hostess. If the good hostesses were working, the front desk was like a well-oiled machine. We were fast, efficient, and organized so everyone had a good time and enjoyed their shift. Unfortunately, as with every job, there were a few hostesses who fell below the expectations. These hostesses made the entire shift stressful for everyone because they were sloppy and made many mistakes so the good hostesses were having to pick up the slack.

Steady money and flexible schedule but very stressful!!!

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule which is a huge reason I stayed there for as long as I did,aside from that it's very structured which works well for some people and since it's usually very busy you make steady money due to the amount of tables you have over a full shift but some locations like the one I worked at have huge tourist and foreigner clientele meaning you might have 16 tables in a shift with 4 leaving you 18% or more,8 tables leaving you a normal 15% and 4 tables leaving you 10% or less or possibly totally stiffing you,you just hope it's the $25 check stiffing you and not the $150 check.Many days you go home with 10% of your sales or sometimes way less after tipping out other staff members,I've seen servers go home with $25 on $500 in sales.Sidework is not bad at all.

Cons

Serving at a location with so many foreigners and tourists you have to have very thick skin and put the many bad tips behind you or you might freak out with your next table,serving there is not a job many people can handle.I saw many servers look like they wanted to punch someone after getting $3 on a $97 check and then somehow have to be pleasant with the next table knowing that that tip had nothing to do with their service as the majority of servers there do a very good job,but know they have to suffer because a table comes from a country where tipping is not customary and if you dare tell them anything you risk being fired.

I think most of the management does a pretty good job but corporate should consider having automatic gratuity on locations with a lot of international clientele,it would probably lessen the huge turnover,they literally had to hire like 12-15 servers a month to just keep the number of servers needed.

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory