Cheesecake Factory

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Eh it was work.

Current Employee - Hostess
Current Employee - Hostess

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were nice, flexible schedule, and fast paced

Cons

I don't get very many hours, guests can be very rude(at least where I am) and the food(in my opinion) isn't the best.

Don't cut back on your employees hours then hire three new people! It doesn't make any sense.

528 Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory (View Most Recent)

Steady money and flexible schedule but very stressful!!!

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule which is a huge reason I stayed there for as long as I did,aside from that it's very structured which works well for some people and since it's usually very busy you make steady money due to the amount of tables you have over a full shift but some locations like the one I worked at have huge tourist and foreigner clientele meaning you might have 16 tables in a shift with 4 leaving you 18% or more,8 tables leaving you a normal 15% and 4 tables leaving you 10% or less or possibly totally stiffing you,you just hope it's the $25 check stiffing you and not the $150 check.Many days you go home with 10% of your sales or sometimes way less after tipping out other staff members,I've seen servers go home with $25 on $500 in sales.Sidework is not bad at all.

Cons

Serving at a location with so many foreigners and tourists you have to have very thick skin and put the many bad tips behind you or you might freak out with your next table,serving there is not a job many people can handle.I saw many servers look like they wanted to punch someone after getting $3 on a $97 check and then somehow have to be pleasant with the next table knowing that that tip had nothing to do with their service as the majority of servers there do a very good job,but know they have to suffer because a table comes from a country where tipping is not customary and if you dare tell them anything you risk being fired.

I think most of the management does a pretty good job but corporate should consider having automatic gratuity on locations with a lot of international clientele,it would probably lessen the huge turnover,they literally had to hire like 12-15 servers a month to just keep the number of servers needed.

Very Corporate, number driven, money making, fast paced

Former Employee - Food Server in Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were great. There is plenty of money to be made there. Fast paced environment, which helps you keep busy and makes the time go by faster. I would definitely recommend working there, but just expect a corporate atmosphere. It was not for me but I don't regret working there. The overall staff including management was friendly. You can make your schedule requests on their online system. There are great health care benefits.

Cons

The company is driven by numbers. The culture does not have much of a family environment, you come in there to make money and you leave. It was very cliquey and management was very cut throat. I came in 2 minutes late and shift was "Shark" taken by someone that was already there waiting to pick up a shift. No flexibility to suggest any improvements for the restaurant because everything is already implemented as a system. Have to wear all white...which gets dirty real quick.

I would advice management to get more personal with the employees and understand that they are human and not cattle. Make more activities for employees in order for them to effort to be as a whole/ team.

There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory