There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

It is hard work. The money is great and the job overall is very rewarding. Time flies.

Current Employee - Server in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Server in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

friendly atmosphere, fair management. They are extremely flexible with my schedule because I am also a full time student. They base promotions on performance, if you perform well you will be rewarded.

Cons

It is so fast paced sometimes management doesn't care about your well being. It is very repetitive. The smell of food sticks to you. You must be absolutely perfect there or else you get a lot of negativity from management.

Advice to Management

Don't get so caught up in your managerial duties that you forget to satisfy the guest and take care of your staff.

reviews filtered by
  1. It's alright to work here

Current Employee - Server/Baker/Cashier/Expo/Host/Chef/Prep in Lyndhurst, OH
    Current Employee - Server/Baker/Cashier/Expo/Host/Chef/Prep in Lyndhurst, OH

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

Flexible schedule, relatively easy to pick up or give away shifts, fairly decent demeanor amongst coworkers, free lunch on double shift (but usually no break to sit and eat it)

Cons

Little to no praise for a job well done, pay increases are menial and difficult to get, I've worked for some awesome managers and some terrible ones...it's really a crap-shoot as to what you get on a given day. Visits from corporate are hellish and create a terrible working environment. Many of the corporate "trainers" that come in have not worked in a restaurant and have no concept of what working a real shift is like. Even though it's a multi-billion dollar business they are ALWAYS cutting back benefits and looking for ways to "streamline costs"...which usually means cutting hours, not breaking out the necessary tools for the job, etc. They do offer a decent benefits package but you pay at least half of the price AND you have to work a minimum amount of hours to keep it. You work on a marble floor and it causes a lot of injuries to staff over time. I work in medium-sized Cheesecake Factory and I can think of at least 20 people with heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, etc. Most states have little to no regulation regarding breaks/overtime, etc... Cheesecake offers you free bread/soup so they do not have to give you any break time unless required by law. Overtime is only paid over 40 hours and it does not matter how many hours you work in a day. I have worked more than my fair share of 14+ hour days with NO break and NO thank you. Holidays are mandatory and calling off on one results in termination. They require an obscene amount of paperwork at the end of your shift...things that should be computerized but aren't.

Advice to Management

Offer more recognition and praise that equals more money for the staff, not just a piece of paper on the wall. Encourage and allow management to give out FAIR and deserved raises on a regular basis. Ask for feedback from your staff about ways to improve, but actually use the information.

2. Great

Current Employee - Hostess in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Hostess in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory

Pros

Very flexible, competetive salary, friendly staff.

Cons

They allow some people to work there who hate their jobs and bring down the staff, instead of highering others who enjoy their jobs.

Advice to Management

Would be better if they listened to advice and suggestions from employees who have been there for a while.