Awesome -- Rule the Cloud

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Chef Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great bennies for a company its size, agile teams, open to suggestions from line employees, up and coming in the startup world, I can talk to the CEO any day of the week (if he's not out meeting with a customer or something). Good place!

Cons

Can't think of any....sometimes, we're pretty busy, I guess. But generally, the supervisors get the whole work-life balance thing, and there's pretty good PTO, so it works out.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Absolutely wonderful company, all around.

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer

I have been working at Chef Software

Pros

As other reviewers posted - the culture is real. Questions are encouraged, and met with a smile. There is so much to learn, and there are so many people ready to help you along the way. It is a truly amazing group of people. I have never felt so included and so supported in a workplace.

Cons

I've been trying to think of some, but don't have any cons at the moment. There is a lot of work to be done, but it's the kind of work that makes you want to keep going back for more, so to me, that's not a con. But glassdoor says I have to write something for the cons..

Beyond delightful - the culture is real

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Chef Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chef is known in the industry as having an incredible culture, and before joining the company, I wondered how much of that was just urban legend. Believe me: it's true. And somehow, it's better. It's an amazing place where there is a real chance to contribute and make a change, because it's a startup and there is so much to be done, and you have a real cheerleader at every turn. And concerns or questions (even hard questions) are listened to and accepted with care and respect. I love this company. LOVE.

Cons

The only real cons are those that come from working at a start-up: there's a lot to be done. But that's what makes it exciting: so many ways to contribute! And the company *does not* want their employees killing themselves, so at the same time, it's also not "just another start-up." Have I mentioned I love this company? It's fast-paced, but awesome.