There are newer employer reviews for Chef Software

Awesome -- Rule the Cloud

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Chef Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great bennies for a company its size, agile teams, open to suggestions from line employees, up and coming in the startup world, I can talk to the CEO any day of the week (if he's not out meeting with a customer or something). Good place!

Cons

Can't think of any....sometimes, we're pretty busy, I guess. But generally, the supervisors get the whole work-life balance thing, and there's pretty good PTO, so it works out.

reviews filtered by
  1. Chef is a winner

Former Employee - Vice President Role in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Vice President Role in Seattle, WA

I worked at Chef Software full-time

Pros

Company is winning in their market and attracting great co-workers

Cons

High growth means some small areas of dysfunction

Best job ever

I have been working at Chef Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hands-down the most people-focused place I've ever been, built around the idea that software is for human beings. Not just the people that make it, but we're making tools for other human beings to use, so they themselves can grow and be more awesome. We want to make stuff so businesses can succeed, but we do that by helping their people work differently. That human-centric view of the world is present from the founder/CTO and CEO on down, and makes the working environment really unusual and a great place to be.

Cons

The usual growing pains at this size. We just did the least painful and most effective Engineering re-org I've ever seen, which displayed a remarkable amount of thoughtfulness from the leadership and incorporating input from everyone. There's a lot of follow-up to do, but overall it's addressed immediately, or set a direction for addressing, the major issues the company is facing.

Keeping focusing and elaborating on what we're doing; never stop laying out the vision.

There are newer employer reviews for Chef Software