There are newer employer reviews for Chegg

Chegg has assembled amazing executive talent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Whether it's to push for an IPO, or just to make the business grow as much as possible, the company has assembled an amazing executive team in recent months. The company is growing quickly, having completed four acquisitions in the past year, so there is always plenty of work to do, and marketshare to obtain. It is a very collaborative workplace, and the future of the company is based on how the entire company grows, not just isolated groups. The company has regular awards to celebrate employees who embody Chegg's core values, and offers free lunches, snacks and drinks every day. It is a great place to work and I enjoy going to work every day. Plus, I feel positive that we're helping college students save time, save money and get smarter.

Cons

Chegg is growing too big for its present space. This is probably just a side-effect of its impressive recent growth.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing to change the world. Chegg has an amazing product offering and very talented employees. Combined with the management team in place, it seems destined to disrupt the education system in a very positive way.

Other Employee Reviews for Chegg

1. I very surprsed how hard they work while still having a good time. Taking a line from the manager.."We get the job done"

Former Employee - Seasonal Picker in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Seasonal Picker in Louisville, KY

Pros

From the start you are greeted with a smile and the knowledge of their apprecation you are there. They keep you will informed of the policy & procedures and how to meet your numbers. The teamleads are always willing to help and encourage you along the way. The manager, always smiling and willing to work with you is very surprising since you can catch her picking , shipping right beside you at times. That really makes a person want to stay and be apart of the Chegg team. I really enjoyed my last rush with some of the new supervisors and teamleads, change is good. I have been apart of the Chegg rush team 3 times and everytime cant wait to go back.

Cons

Worked this last rush and it was very hot at times. Sometimes I really didnt think I was gonna make it. Start times tend to change often which for some of us with kids can be a little hard to manage. The chances of being hired on fulltime are not good as you are told from the beginning can be hard to deal with. The breakroom tends to be far away from the actual working area and can be a long walk. However they do give you a 15 minute break.

Advice to Management

Find a way to employ more individuals like myself who would be honored to work with you. Air conditioning and heat would make life a little easier and would keep people around longer.

2. Working on important problem with good people in stimulating, sometimes ambiguous environment

Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

* Doing well by doing good - improving educational access is highly motivating * Unpolitical do-what's-right-for the customer environment. Surprisingly good here. * Broad independence on lifestyle, in office time, vacation * Everyone gets to contribute to workplan * Energetic work environment * No @ssholes - friendly culture

Cons

* Can be ambiguous what's important to leadership - not a clear process or communication plan * Career development / promotion plan is not well defined