There are newer employer reviews for Chegg

Chegg has a very distinct mission and moves toward its goals in a fun,focused, and exciting manner.

Current Employee - Design Intern in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Design Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Chegg

Pros

Chegg's employees are comprised of a very diverse group of people. No matter where you are there is always something for you to learn from someone. The knowledge surrounding you is virtually endless. On top of that the management team is stacked and very understanding of peoples' personal lives. They motivate their employees to get their jobs done while having fun doing them. In all Chegg is a great experience

Cons

Chegg always promotes new ideas. However in doing so, I feel that the company, at times, is trying to accomplish too much at once. Though I believe these ideas are great in the long run I feel the companies focus should be slightly narrowed.

Advice to Management

Promote more intra-company communication. The environment is amazing and work gets done at a fantastic rate. However at times I notice groups, which are working together, are not always on the same page.

reviews filtered by
  1. Chegg has assembled amazing executive talent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Chegg

Pros

Whether it's to push for an IPO, or just to make the business grow as much as possible, the company has assembled an amazing executive team in recent months. The company is growing quickly, having completed four acquisitions in the past year, so there is always plenty of work to do, and marketshare to obtain. It is a very collaborative workplace, and the future of the company is based on how the entire company grows, not just isolated groups. The company has regular awards to celebrate employees who embody Chegg's core values, and offers free lunches, snacks and drinks every day. It is a great place to work and I enjoy going to work every day. Plus, I feel positive that we're helping college students save time, save money and get smarter.

Cons

Chegg is growing too big for its present space. This is probably just a side-effect of its impressive recent growth.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing to change the world. Chegg has an amazing product offering and very talented employees. Combined with the management team in place, it seems destined to disrupt the education system in a very positive way.

2. I very surprsed how hard they work while still having a good time. Taking a line from the manager.."We get the job done"

Former Employee - Seasonal Picker in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Seasonal Picker in Louisville, KY

I worked at Chegg

Pros

From the start you are greeted with a smile and the knowledge of their apprecation you are there. They keep you will informed of the policy & procedures and how to meet your numbers. The teamleads are always willing to help and encourage you along the way. The manager, always smiling and willing to work with you is very surprising since you can catch her picking , shipping right beside you at times. That really makes a person want to stay and be apart of the Chegg team. I really enjoyed my last rush with some of the new supervisors and teamleads, change is good. I have been apart of the Chegg rush team 3 times and everytime cant wait to go back.

Cons

Worked this last rush and it was very hot at times. Sometimes I really didnt think I was gonna make it. Start times tend to change often which for some of us with kids can be a little hard to manage. The chances of being hired on fulltime are not good as you are told from the beginning can be hard to deal with. The breakroom tends to be far away from the actual working area and can be a long walk. However they do give you a 15 minute break.

Advice to Management

Find a way to employ more individuals like myself who would be honored to work with you. Air conditioning and heat would make life a little easier and would keep people around longer.

There are newer employer reviews for Chegg