There are newer employer reviews for Chegg

Wonderful work environment to grow as a professional and experience business development

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Chegg

Pros

Chegg has a very open work environment and there are a lot of great opportunities for advancement and experience. Everyone working at Chegg is interesting and fun to be around. There is a great work culture and community. Monthly meetings keep you involved in what's happening with the company.

Cons

Slowly running out of space to fit everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great workplace with some hiccups.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Chegg

Pros

-Work atmosphere is really laid back. -Everyone has a smile on their face and most are friendly. -There is always something to do. -Proper motivation from upper management. -A great break room/kitchen area. -Always something new to do.

Cons

-The quiet way they fire/lay off people. People just disappear with no word on why they were let go. HR fires people through a telephone call most of the time instead of management. There are no written warnings of possibly being let go. -Favoritism is shown among employees and management.

2. Chegg has a very distinct mission and moves toward its goals in a fun,focused, and exciting manner.

Current Employee - Design Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Design Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Chegg

Pros

Chegg's employees are comprised of a very diverse group of people. No matter where you are there is always something for you to learn from someone. The knowledge surrounding you is virtually endless. On top of that the management team is stacked and very understanding of peoples' personal lives. They motivate their employees to get their jobs done while having fun doing them. In all Chegg is a great experience

Cons

Chegg always promotes new ideas. However in doing so, I feel that the company, at times, is trying to accomplish too much at once. Though I believe these ideas are great in the long run I feel the companies focus should be slightly narrowed.

Advice to Management

Promote more intra-company communication. The environment is amazing and work gets done at a fantastic rate. However at times I notice groups, which are working together, are not always on the same page.