There are newer employer reviews for Chegg

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Senior Data Engineer  in  Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Senior Data Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Chegg full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work, Worked in the Data Engineering team. Great team culture. Open to new ideas. Great support. Great Inclusion. Overall great vision for the company future.
Good culture and company has bright future. Free lunch and lot of fun activities. Very flexible and accommodating.

Cons

As any other fast growing pains. I think company must focus on that as well. The company is focussed on student services which is good for the over all education.

Managers are doing great, they need more training to do their job much better. This is not specific to any person. This is purely my observation. I think the top team is working on this. Otherwise I think any fast growing company which faces fast paced issues. I am hoping things will get better.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Chegg (View Most Recent)

Good side-job writing solutions

Former Employee - Solutions Author  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Author in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Chegg as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

- Good pay per solution (I got about $5 per basic algebra solution)
    - Work on your own time
    - Most of my solutions were accepted without problem

Cons

- Some mis-communications with manager
    - Payment is once per month
    - If your solutions don't clear Quality Assurance by a certain date (note: Chegg was good about reviewing them quickly), you won't get paid for them until the next month's cycle (it's understandable why they do this, but you don't really know how much you're going to get paid the next month)

Opportunity is here to help shape the future of Chegg

I have been working at Chegg full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are super smart and really open to helping one another out. This is a very productive team and people work hard, but there is definitely a great team working together to accomplish our ambitious goals. Every person that joins the team has a real opportunity to help shape the future of Chegg.

By far, this is one of the best assembled executive leadership teams around.

The company is in an interesting stage, where there is a great foundation and business in place from the textbook business, but we're still in growth mode from building the digital business so it's fast paced, dynamic and exciting like a start up, but less risky than an earlier stage or smaller company.

Cons

There has been a ton of change these past couple years from acquisitions and organic growth which was challenging and there seemed to have been a lot of turnover in 2012. However, I think our leadership team is committed to the growth and success of the employees and I see effort being put in around programs to help employees feel motivated and rewarded. Hopefully retention isn't a big issue this year.

Even though we've been growing on the digital services side and building our technology services, we still aren't viewed as a technology or engineering company. There needs to be more brand recognition around everything we are doing - not only textbooks. Hopefully, that will help attract more engineering and technical talent to the team.

Talk and listen to employees and understand where they want to go with their careers; help make that growth happen at Chegg. Also, build up the the engineering brand and culture to help attract top tech talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Chegg

Worked for Chegg? Contribute to the Community!