Experience at chegg

Pros

It is a very flexible company to work with, you can work from home and get paid!

Cons

They should increase their salary rate.

Other Employee Reviews for Chegg

1. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Senior Data Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Data Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Chegg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, Worked in the Data Engineering team. Great team culture. Open to new ideas. Great support. Great Inclusion. Overall great vision for the company future. Good culture and company has bright future. Free lunch and lot of fun activities. Very flexible and accommodating.

Cons

As any other fast growing pains. I think company must focus on that as well. The company is focussed on student services which is good for the over all education.

Advice to Management

Managers are doing great, they need more training to do their job much better. This is not specific to any person. This is purely my observation. I think the top team is working on this. Otherwise I think any fast growing company which faces fast paced issues. I am hoping things will get better.

2. Good side-job writing solutions

Former Contractor - Solutions Author in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Contractor - Solutions Author in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Chegg as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good pay per solution (I got about $5 per basic algebra solution) - Work on your own time - Most of my solutions were accepted without problem

Cons

- Some mis-communications with manager - Payment is once per month - If your solutions don't clear Quality Assurance by a certain date (note: Chegg was good about reviewing them quickly), you won't get paid for them until the next month's cycle (it's understandable why they do this, but you don't really know how much you're going to get paid the next month)