There are newer employer reviews for Chegg

Passionate people and a great mission and value!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Chegg as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and amazing group of people. Everyone is passionate and really cares about the mission of Chegg which makes it easier to be at work. They really value interns especially since we are they're target market. We get to work on actual projects and across teams. I have learnt so much throughout my time here and I really love the culture of this company. As an intern we got to do a lot of things this summer - intern events in the city to meeting all the executives in the company to Chegg chats (got to hear from MC Hammar, Jeff Weiner and more to come..). People in the company work hard and strive to be amongst the best when to comes to students and education.
The CEO of the company is like no other. He is always talking to people around the office especially the interns to find out how to make the product better and reach the goal he has set. He has a lot of insights into the industry and is always ready to talk.

Cons

It's hard to say! But, sometimes I wish things would move a bit faster.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Chegg (View Most Recent)

Great Ideas, poor execution

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Chegg full-time for more than a year

Pros

Low expectations of employees, free lunch, loose paid time off policy (only if your manager is nice), lots of schwag, free parking

Cons

Poor internal communication, no consistency, weak management, constantly shifting focus, wastes lots of money on schwag. The CEO is a good cheerleader, but 90% of what he promises is not delivered. He also has a foul mouth, drops F bombs and makes lewd jokes during company meetings. You will also never get promoted at Chegg, ever.

Define a process on how to build products/features/ect.... Hold yourself accountable to that process, whatever it may be. Choose one thing, focus on doing it very well. Then and only then, expand to building the next thing. Trust your employees. Stop wasting stockholders money on schwag, seriously slow down on all that gabnage. Make your brand consistent across all your products.

Good experience

I have been working at Chegg full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone here is smart, hard-working, and excited about Chegg's mission.

Cons

Sometimes there is miscommunication between groups, and few too many meetings are planned to get things done. Each project requires a lot of sign offs, approvals, and discussions, but that's to be expected with a public company.

There are newer employer reviews for Chegg

Worked for Chegg? Contribute to the Community!