Chemonics International

www.chemonics.com

Period of transition

Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsOverall good work environment, despite current challenges.

ConsExternal and internal factors have placed the company in a precarious position, particularly relative to the heydays.
Used to be the case that unpleasant, aggressive people were by far the exception. Lately, that seems to be changing, and I fear that bad behavior being rewarded is a theme.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the most part, I admire how you handled the last wave of departures/restructuring--offering choice of a job in other areas or a (so-so) goodbye package--giving employees enough notice that to continue in their line of work, they might want to start looking--seemed not at all underhanded or malevolent. Treating people with respect and objectivity is sure to be the best thing for Chemonics' reputation. Please don't stray from that, as people are starting to hear may be the case.

Lots of chances to learn and grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Chemonics International

Pros: Saw lots of flexibility in the kinds of work people can choose… Cons: can be stressful sometimes when you work on proposal teams. More

good not great

I have been working at Chemonics International full-time

Pros: great people to work with, hire within culture good Cons: overworked, understaffed which results in mediocre work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Chemonics International.

Worked for Chemonics International? Contribute to the Community!