Chemonics International
www.chemonics.com Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Chemomics is a great place to start a career in development... and then return after leaving...

Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Chemonics International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA ton of opportunities (new business travel, project management experience), good training programs and room to move between regions and projects. Great people and interesting work.

ConsEventually the lower level work becomes too basic. You can feel discounted from actual development and instead feel like an accountant or a editor. But there are always field opportunities.
Difficult once you've been there a few years and made manager to move to director.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to keep talented managers. Better pay for associates means better quality of project management.

Very long hours, little pay, and company senior leadership unwilling to change approaches

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Chemonics International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You can learn great project management skills and there are lots of opportunities to travel. Associates and… Cons: Even employees with a master's and several years of work experience need to start at the bottom of the totem pole unless they have direct… Advice to Senior Management: Value employees' opinions more instead of brushing them under the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Rules and regs, not development

Associate (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Chemonics International full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good place for an ambitious, go-getter, generalist to start their career in USAID… Cons: Bad place to hone specific skills, advance technical knowledge, or apply gain quality experience of what its like to carry out good development in the… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in building technical expertise and research at all levels… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Chemonics International.

Worked for Chemonics International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chemonics International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chemonics International CEO Susanna Mudge. All reviews posted anonymously by Chemonics International employees.