Chemtura
www.chemtura.com Middlebury, CT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Interesting.

Middlebury, CT

I have been working at Chemtura full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood benefits, good prospects for promotions and transferring within departments.

ConsToo many middle managers, lack of talent and intelligence in the management pool, lack of encouraging workers to move ahead on the part of management. No telecommuting opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees more opportunities to grow and expand in their areas of interest and ability. Allow for and develop telecommuting opportunities for all employees.

Unhealthy place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Conyers, GA

I worked at Chemtura full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Nice temp workers, very quiet, most won't get hired, won't… Cons: No money to spend on what it would, take to make the air better, will spend… Advice to Senior Management: Put some money in the place, visit it unannounced if you care. Quit putting money in the local OSHA's palm, they have to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

OK place to work

Director Quality (Former Employee)
Middlebury, CT

I worked at Chemtura

Pros: Allowed to work on different problems Management willing to listen to… Cons: Company poorly run by top executives Forced to file chapter 11… Advice to Senior Management: Drop the dead weight from middle management Look in the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Chemtura.

Worked for Chemtura? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chemtura reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chemtura CEO Craig A. Rogerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Chemtura employees.