There are newer employer reviews for Chemtura

Great people, not so great management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Middlebury, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middlebury, CT

I worked at Chemtura full-time

Pros

The benefits are pretty good at Chemtura. The people I worked with were also great. Everyone had lively personalities and just tried to get all their work done everyday. They will happily accept new people and try to make you feel like part of the team. There are also some really smart people there too with a lot of ambition.

Cons

There very much exists an us v. them culture. No one approved of management as every person had an issue with the level above them. Employee reviews didn't make sense as regardless how well you did, you were never given the score (and thus raise) you deserved. There are a so many people at that company that go under-utilized and under-appreciated.

Your older employees have gone through a lot with the divestitures, layoffs, and acquisitions. Treat them with respect for staying around. Show some loyalty and try to make it so they can actually enjoy coming into work. You can not hire new, young talent, and expect them to develop and stay to replace the old herd if the company itself does not become a happier place to work at.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Chemtura (View Most Recent)

a good job working with great team members

Former Employee - Machine Operator C  in  Conyers, GA
    Former Employee - Machine Operator C in Conyers, GA

I worked at Chemtura full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

to try to start a career

Cons

working around chemicals all day

there great people and give a helping hand and good advise anyday

New lease on life in the AgroSolutions business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Middlebury, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middlebury, CT

I have been working at Chemtura full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

New senior management in 2011 has made us profitable again. It feels like we are winners after a multi-year losing streak. Opportunities for advancement are reappearing. Non-contributors are being removed or leaving on their own. Management decisions are being made and actions taken after years of paralysis.

Cons

Top business managers are tough, sometimes too tough. We don't always understand what their motives are, but we are coming to trust their judgment based on the results. We are short staffed and corporate support roles in finance, legal and HR let us down too often.

Do not lose your courage. It will take a few more years to solve the problems created by the years of mismanagement leading to our 2009 bankruptcy. Use a few more carrots to go along with the sticks.

There are newer employer reviews for Chemtura

Worked for Chemtura? Contribute to the Community!