Chemtura

www.chemtura.com

Great people, not so great management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Middlebury, CT

ProsThe benefits are pretty good at Chemtura. The people I worked with were also great. Everyone had lively personalities and just tried to get all their work done everyday. They will happily accept new people and try to make you feel like part of the team. There are also some really smart people there too with a lot of ambition.

ConsThere very much exists an us v. them culture. No one approved of management as every person had an issue with the level above them. Employee reviews didn't make sense as regardless how well you did, you were never given the score (and thus raise) you deserved. There are a so many people at that company that go under-utilized and under-appreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour older employees have gone through a lot with the divestitures, layoffs, and acquisitions. Treat them with respect for staying around. Show some loyalty and try to make it so they can actually enjoy coming into work. You can not hire new, young talent, and expect them to develop and stay to replace the old herd if the company itself does not become a happier place to work at.

a good job working with great team members

Machine Operator C (Former Employee) Conyers, GA

I worked at Chemtura full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: to try to start a career Cons: working around chemicals all day Advice to Senior Management: there great people and give a helping hand and good… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

New lease on life in the AgroSolutions business

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Middlebury, CT

I have been working at Chemtura full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: New senior management in 2011 has made us profitable again. It feels like we are winners after a multi-year losing streak. Opportunities for… Cons: Top business managers are tough, sometimes too tough. We don't always understand what their motives are, but we are coming to trust their… Advice to Senior Management: Do not lose your courage. It will take a few more years to solve the problems created by the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Chemtura.

Worked for Chemtura? Contribute to the Community!