Chemtura
www.chemtura.com Middlebury, CT 1000 to 5000 Employees

BioLab, Inc a Chemtura Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Chemtura full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBioLab was a great "family" atmosphere company, Had great talent and folks respected one another. Leader in the market with a loyal following.

ConsCorporate influence who really didn't understand the business. Subbusiness had to run everything through corporate, causing delay to action, improper decisions and loss of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the old executive team who was successful in contributing growth, loyalty in it customers and staff and gave the corporate strong bottom line performance even in bad times. Too much industrial influence in an consumer focused environment. Performance then.... and now...

Great people, not so great management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Middlebury, CT

I worked at Chemtura full-time

Pros: The benefits are pretty good at Chemtura. The people I worked with were also great. Everyone had lively personalities and just tried to get all… Cons: There very much exists an us v. them culture. No one approved of management as every person had an issue with the level above them.… Advice to Senior Management: Your older employees have gone through a lot with the divestitures, layoffs, and acquisitions. Treat them with respect for staying around. Show some loyalty and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

a good job working with great team members

Machine Operator C (Former Employee)
Conyers, GA

I worked at Chemtura full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: to try to start a career Cons: working around chemicals all day Advice to Senior Management: there great people and give a helping hand and good… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Chemtura.

Worked for Chemtura? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chemtura reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chemtura CEO Craig A. Rogerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Chemtura employees.