Lack of performance evaluation

Current Employee - Management  in  Miami, FL
Current Employee - Management in Miami, FL

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time for more than a year

Pros

Workplace conducive for adequate performance. Firm provides ample training opportunities through CBH University

Cons

Performanc evaluation system is mediocre with very little enforcement of evaluation requirements by upper management. Firm has terminated a number of employees without cause and very little explanation. This has caused poor morale and staff feeling that management is more concerned with cost containment than with professional development.

Enforcement of performance evaluation for all staff levels including manager and above

Other Reviews for Cherry Bekaert

Dissapointed with how things turned out!

Current Employee - Manager  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert

Pros

Vacation time is adequate
    Met some good people that were very good at their job at my peer level

Cons

The Tyson's Corner office has fallen apart. In the audit department there are less than 5 people left from last busy season below partner. In the tax department there were approxamately 20 people at the end of last busy season and there is 1 person left. There has been a compelte inability to recruit any talent after the departures. The problems that have contributed to the fall-out was largely due to management which has not changed at all. The same decision makers are in place. As a result, it is highly unlikely that things will change in the future. The fact is that the firm as a whole doesn't have an understanding of the Northern Virginia market and lacks the leadership to step in and make sure that the right people/leaders are in place to do the right thing. There was a great group of highly productive energetic people that worked there and now they are all gone.

Partners need to listed to the managers and seniors when they provide feedback. Generally, they will have a good idea of what is going on in the office and ways to improve morale. Don't wait to address important issues. Reward high performers.

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert

Pros

I really like a lot of people I work with, both in my office and with people in other offices. Most people are really nice.

Most people really care about doing a good job for the clients.

PTO is pretty good, especially compared to my friends.

Cons

Sometimes you have to work long hours around deadlines, but that is part of the industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Cherry Bekaert.

Worked for Cherry Bekaert? Contribute to the Community!