Cherry Bekaert

There are newer employer reviews for Cherry Bekaert

Nice Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, pto, very little pros

Cons

Low pay, micromanagers, no training, partners who do not perform

pay market rate

65 Other Employee Reviews for Cherry Bekaert (View Most Recent)

Great People!

I have been working at Cherry Bekaert full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are Cherry Bekaert are the best part of working there! Smart, friendly and young! Leadership understands people are at the core of business success.

Cons

Growing fast and therefore lots of change.

Continue treating your people well. Tie initiatives back to mission and vision more clearly.

Learned a lot, but not without significant sacrifice.

Former Employee - Audit Senior in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Audit Senior in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cherry Bekaert full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Like the title explains, I learned a lot here. I was part of a smaller firm acquired, and because of that, I worked on more jobs with more significant issues than I had prior that increased my knowledge substantially.

The pay is pretty decent considering you are not putting in the hours of a Big 4.

Because of Cherry Bekaert, I now work somewhere awesome ;).

Cons

If you have a family, do not expect to spend a lot of time with them. Do not even think to have kids. While there is a busy season with a policy of 55 required hours, be ready to work a lot more than that if you want to get promoted and you will also have these same 50+ hour weeks at multiple times of the year because they are short staffed and it is cheaper to work employees harder than to hire new staff.

Know that all Senior Management cares about is hours. When putting in said hours, make sure that you are seen by people because if you get these hours before people get to work early in the morning or when you get home late at night, people will assume that you are lazy because they physically do not see you on location.

Cherry Bekeart's "rapid growth" is from acquisition not because people want to work there. If you are at CB because you were acquired, just quit now because you will be labeled as "not as proficient" as those that are at the same level and already at CB.

Senior Management thinks that Cherry Bekaert is hot stuff, but ask anyone in accounting anywhere and they will say they've never heard of that firm. If you're doing public accounting for your resume, just suffer the two years at a Big 4 where at least you'll get name recognition.

Aside: Surely people reading these reviews know that many of the 5 star anonymous reviews are fake and from HR.

You probably shouldn't have spent millions in rebranding when you have an under appreciated work force. Treat your people better. While hours is important in the industry be a little warmer to employees instead of hammering down policies.

There are newer employer reviews for Cherry Bekaert