Chesapeake Bay Candle

www.chesapeakebaycandle.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Chesapeake Bay Candle

Lots of opportunity to grow, learn, and to have fun.

I have been working at Chesapeake Bay Candle full-time

Pros

I have been at Chesapeake Bay Candle for several years, and from the very beginning this company has allowed me to learn and grow on a personal and professional level. This company really is an awesome place to work if you are looking for a job allowing you take ownership, if you want to have an impact, and if you like to surround yourself with smart, creative people. In fact, one of the best things about Chesapeake Bay Candle are the people that work here. People here are committed, hard-working, and smart... and they also like to have fun! Chesapeake Bay Candle offers a lot of opportunity if you enjoy working in a small, privately-owned business, and if you thrive in a multicultural, creative setting.

Cons

This company is not for everyone. It is a demanding environment with an entrepreneurial culture. It may not be the best fit for somebody looking for a very structured setting or the average 9-5 job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Take Away Benefits, Increase Workload, Hire Incompetent Executives

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Chesapeake Bay Candle

Pros

Nice to work in the Fragrance Industry

Cons

No Guidance No proper training No procedures for anything No respect for your job growth interests Not allowed to take days off in the Summer Not good at communicating Factories are incompetent Upper management is clueless

Advice to Management

Stop throwing additional tasks at people and HIRE NEW PEOPLE No one wants to put in 45+ hours a week to a company that is insensitive and greedy Give raises PLEASE! We work hard with no rewards, give some. Stop taking away the stuff we enjoy, just to throw more CRAPPY, not-resume-worthy work at us. Your turnover will increase until all this changes. FYI: EVERYONE WHO WORKS HERE IS TRYING TO LEAVE THE COMPANY They network in the elevators, in the mall, on LinkedIn, etc...., praying for a way out of this hell.

2. It's great. Never a dull moment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Chesapeake Bay Candle

Pros

Great pay, great benefits. Always open for suggestions and has an open door policy for questions and recommendations. I can't complain!

Cons

Working at Chesapeake Bay Candle is rewarding. It can be stressful at times but what job is not? I recommend working here

Advice to Management

I would say to expand out and keep growing. The company could use more IT people but the ones we have are good.