There are newer employer reviews for Chesapeake Energy

Great benefits, long hours, difficult to move up.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Chesapeake Energy

Pros

Great benefits, generous stock bonuses, state-of-the-art technology and 24/7 IT support. Benefits include on-site restaurants, medical/dental center, and fitness center. There are also tons of training opportunities.

Cons

Long hours, at least in my department. 60 hour weeks were pretty standard. Poor communication between different departments often leads to tasks being performed twice unnecessarily. Not enough promoting from within the company makes it difficult to advance and also results in incompetent mid-management. People are hired into the company based on who they know rather than their capabilities.

Advice to Management

Promote from within the company. I have seen many instances where managers were brought in from other companies, not knowing anything about the department they were suppposed to manage; when it would have been more appropriate to promote someone already in the department to that managerial position.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Room for improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Chesapeake Energy

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities Great benefits Room for growth in your career

Cons

Many employees have very negative attitudes which can make the place feel very stressful Severe lack of communication between people and lack of process Very controlling upper management No real "team" atmosphere

Advice to Management

Definitely need to have more team building skills between the departments and open up more communication. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to let us where dress capris on Fridays, even if we can't wear jeans, especially during the summer.

Good benefits, long hours.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Chesapeake Energy

Pros

On campus gym, health, and restaurant facilities. Pretty campus and nice office space. Convenient location. Company tickets to athletic events.

Cons

Difficult to move up in the company. Long hours with lackluster compensation. Lots of competition within departments instead of always working with each other.