Okay company

Former Employee - Indexer  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Indexer in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Chesapeake Energy as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They have good pay, stocked snack areas, and you can listen to music at work in some positions such as Indexing.

Cons

They are very strict about certain things but it didn't seem like they always told you everything you needed to know. On occasion I found myself completing work one way when they changed things and it should have been done another way. Maybe that was just my experience though.

Other Reviews for Chesapeake Energy

Cult of personality

Current Employee - IT Supervisor  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - IT Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Chesapeake Energy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are a lot of good people working at the company. The restaurants serve delicious food. Beautiful campus and we have the best of everything to do our jobs and in the way of workplace amenities.

Cons

Very political. Lots of the problems I see are cultural and a result of weak leadership. Speed has always been the driving currency but it comes at a very high price which we have to pay sometime. Huge amounts of inefficiency and waste. Business processes are often not well defined and often are contradictory between departments and at times within the same department.

Accept the fact you are going to have to make some people unhappy and lay down some boundaries. It is easy to look like a champ when everything is going your way, now comes the real test. Finally, if you give someone a job to do and can't offer any help, at least don't stand in their way.

Data entry and verifier

Former Employee - Data Entry and Verifier  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Data Entry and Verifier in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Chesapeake Energy as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good summer job for college student.

Cons

Hard to sit looking at computer all day, and I feel like I am an avid computer using. Currently a Mechanical Engineering Student.

It was good to work with you guys.

There are newer employer reviews for Chesapeake Energy.

Worked for Chesapeake Energy? Contribute to the Community!