Chesapeake Energy

www.chk.com

Once was a great place, then things went downhill quick.

Landman (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGym is nice, for $20 a month.

ConsAfter Aubrey time, things got tight, less perks. Lots of stress of getting laid off, sold off and canned. Lots of paranoid employees unsure on what the future entails. If laid off they don't vest your 401K unless you have reached their 5 years.
15% 401k match is a joke, they give you 20-25% of it each year after it's earned. The golden handcuffs keep you from wanting to leave, because there will always be money left behind. I only got to keep a faction of my 401k match. Same applies to Stock bonuses, if you leave on your own terms they get to keep all the unvested portion, which is a lot.
They got rid of the garden but had to place it back due to land contract from purchase, otherwise that would have been closed too. Any small little benefit that helped them reach Forbes Best, pretty much went away.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open with employees and people wouldn't be leaving and searching for other opportunities. Even when management tried to be open, the comments where vague and untrustworthy.

Great place to work if you can keep up with the work pressure and competitive co-workers

Field Geologist (Former Employee) Douglas, WY

I worked at Chesapeake Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros: - great salary - one of the very few companies that offered rotational work = work/life balance - very… Cons: - very tense atmosphere. mudloggers would worry about getting fired after a simple number switch on a well name in a report. - would fire people… Advice to Senior Management: that was back during Audrey McClendon's management so not very… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Laid back culture with a sense of urgency.

I have been working at Chesapeake Energy as a contractor

Pros: The company has a very young and energetic vibe to it and the amenities are top notch. The people are friendly, the restaurants are great,… Cons: As a contract landman, some of the amenities aren't available to you (fitness center) and at times you can feel like an outsider. Also,… Advice to Senior Management: I haven't had much interaction or been impacted by upper management, but with how they have gone about restructuring the company and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Chesapeake Energy.

Worked for Chesapeake Energy? Contribute to the Community!