Chet Holmes International

There are newer employer reviews for Chet Holmes International

Great Training - Good People - Poor Support - Low Pay

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Chet Holmes International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The training directly from Chet Holmes (Recorded before his death), Tony Robbins and from some of the senior managers was terrific. The resources available for self-directed learning were pretty strong as well. The managers seemed to care about you as a person ONCE you pass the initial performance tests. I was commission-based and worked from home, which was a bonus for me. I was also a top-performer for the 6 months I was there. There were upgrade bonuses for clients who paid for advanced courses. I liked the job, I liked what I was selling, and I liked the way I sold it. I like how they are looking for top-performers

Cons

I was commission-based, which I did not mind. I was also THE top-performer for the 6 months I was there (#1 in sales 4 months running, #2 the other two months, high closing %), but unless I hit the bonuses for first sale of the week, or 5 sales by Wednesday, I could never make enough money. 45 hours a week for $600-$750 less expenses put me in a position where I was always looking for other side work. Pretty soon the side work paid more, so I left. There is ZERO customer support - and customers call you because you are their only contact. Management simply did not respond to e-mail and voicemail messages. Until you jump through the performance test hoops, you did not exist. All instruction is by e-mail except for 1 30-minute session per week for Q&A. While there was supposed to be room for advancement, you almost have to go broke waiting for an advanced position to open up.

Create a customer service position to customers and respond to your email. Less new-age philosophy sessions and more old-school cash and I would probably still be there. And don't recruit based on the bonuses for secondary products when those products don't sell anywhere near the percentages the recruiter states.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Chet Holmes International (View Most Recent)

Unfortunately the company and new leadership has gone down hill

I have been working at Chet Holmes International full-time

Pros

When Chet Holmes was alive he kept this company in line. Provided top training to be the best in the industry and demanded it for the benefit of his clients. Former managers cared, pay was good, loyalty, opportunities.

Cons

As of lately, most of the top leaders that were brilliant have left due to the poor direction, strategy (lack of it) and leadership by CEO, Marc Pearl.

I agree with the other reviewer - Talking about any of this openly within the company you will get fired. So many have by speaking up of the poor direction.

It is sad Chet's legacy is dieing, he was brilliant but the new CEO doesn't care and does not get how to run this business or manage people.

Many others feel the same way, seems the only ones that agree with the CEO is the CEO and his new sidekick who is very low level and further deteriorating the organization.

As other reviewer stated - No, I would not recommend this company to a friend. The company is losing much of its talent hopefully clients will not be hurt.
    The only hope is to get new leadership, and try again.

Awesome learning from Chet Holmes

Former Employee - Client Service Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Client Service Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Chet Holmes International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learning from Chet Holmes was awesome -one of the smartest men I knew

Cons

too much politics, managers would not let you move up since they made money off you

Tony is too greedy and it was a great place to work prior to Tony, stop the politics reward the people paying your salary remember that you were in there shoes once

There are newer employer reviews for Chet Holmes International