Chet Holmes International

Great Training - Good People - Poor Support - Low Pay

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Chet Holmes International full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training directly from Chet Holmes (Recorded before his death), Tony Robbins and from some of the senior managers was terrific. The resources available for self-directed learning were pretty strong as well. The managers seemed to care about you as a person ONCE you pass the initial performance tests. I was commission-based and worked from home, which was a bonus for me. I was also a top-performer for the 6 months I was there. There were upgrade bonuses for clients who paid for advanced courses. I liked the job, I liked what I was selling, and I liked the way I sold it. I like how they are looking for top-performers

Cons

I was commission-based, which I did not mind. I was also THE top-performer for the 6 months I was there (#1 in sales 4 months running, #2 the other two months, high closing %), but unless I hit the bonuses for first sale of the week, or 5 sales by Wednesday, I could never make enough money. 45 hours a week for $600-$750 less expenses put me in a position where I was always looking for other side work. Pretty soon the side work paid more, so I left. There is ZERO customer support - and customers call you because you are their only contact. Management simply did not respond to e-mail and voicemail messages. Until you jump through the performance test hoops, you did not exist. All instruction is by e-mail except for 1 30-minute session per week for Q&A. While there was supposed to be room for advancement, you almost have to go broke waiting for an advanced position to open up.

Create a customer service position to customers and respond to your email. Less new-age philosophy sessions and more old-school cash and I would probably still be there. And don't recruit based on the bonuses for secondary products when those products don't sell anywhere near the percentages the recruiter states.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Chet Holmes International (View Most Recent)

Unfortunately the company and new leadership has gone down hill

I have been working at Chet Holmes International full-time

Pros

When Chet Holmes was alive he kept this company in line. Provided top training to be the best in the industry and demanded it for the benefit of his clients. Former managers cared, pay was good, loyalty, opportunities.

Cons

As of lately, most of the top leaders that were brilliant have left due to the poor direction, strategy (lack of it) and leadership by CEO, Marc Pearl.

I agree with the other reviewer - Talking about any of this openly within the company you will get fired. So many have by speaking up of the poor direction.

It is sad Chet's legacy is dieing, he was brilliant but the new CEO doesn't care and does not get how to run this business or manage people.

Many others feel the same way, seems the only ones that agree with the CEO is the CEO and his new sidekick who is very low level and further deteriorating the organization.

As other reviewer stated - No, I would not recommend this company to a friend. The company is losing much of its talent hopefully clients will not be hurt.
    The only hope is to get new leadership, and try again.

Business Breakthroughs International is NOT the same company since Chet Holmes died

I have been working at Chet Holmes International

Pros

In the past the company had forward thinking management, that focused on staff, client and product development, especially when Chet Holmes was alive.

Business Breakthrough International's former leadership team really cared about the clients and team members.

Cons

Since Chet Holmes passed away in August 2012, the company has lacked vision, focus, direction and communication from the senior management team most specifically late 2012 to present.

There is a significant lack of communication from Business Breakthroughs leadership team to the field.

The company has parted ways with many top leaders that were there to build the company with Chet and from what we hear, Business Breakthroughs International is not paying monies that were due to many of them.

I saw some complains about that on the board in the past so this is not surprising, and I am not counting on anything for when I leave.

Many of the top people who still remain in the company are leaving and/or working other part-time jobs as company volume, conversions and commissions have been down. If you are looking for many talented people that were well trained, you may want to consider looking at some BBI people.

Talking about any of this openly within the company would put a target on any employees back.

While I do not expect that I will remain with Business Breakthroughs International much longer, I truly hope that they turn things around so that the company becomes a legacy that Chet Holmes would have been proud of.

Also the current CEO of Business Breakthroughs is not the one named below which is why I checked no opinion. I very low regard for the current CEO (Mark), and from what I hear others feel the same way.

Bring Tony Robbins Robbins Research International team in to take over the management of the company or fully turn it over to Tony so that Business Breakthroughs can continue to not only survive, but thrive.

Get more strategic in direction and focus. Company is lacking vision and focus.

Improve communication with Business Breakthrough Internationals employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Chet Holmes International

Worked for Chet Holmes International? Contribute to the Community!