There are newer employer reviews for Chevron FCU

I was stresses out daily by employees and managers bad behavoir, with HR's approval.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Pros

good benefits and great pay

Cons

The company promotes bad behavior in their employees and managers. They let bullies rule the department and fire employees who try to get help instead of addressing the issues. Upper management and HR allows this behavior. Retaliation is promoted. Several employees know this too well.

Advice to Management

Please take to heart the surveys that are completed every year, when employees are honest and nothing seems to change it tells us that we are not valued as employees and can be treated badly by our management with your approval.

Jul 9, 2014 – VP HR

I'm sorry your experience was not more positive. Senior management very much takes our annual employee surveys to heart - that's why we do them! Even though our survey results are consistently ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Chevron FCU

1. Don't mess with the lifers

Pros

Solid company with decent benefits. Decent salaries, but a little on the low side.

Cons

This company has many lifers - employees who have been there a long time and who will always make sure they don't have to do any work they don't want to do. And if you get on the wrong side of one of these lifers, the HR unit will do their best to make you miserable. There is also little or no chance for advancement.

Advice to Management

Open up, be more transparent, pay your employees a little more and let them know you're listening to them.

Jul 9, 2014 – VP HR

Thanks for your feedback. We do indeed have many employees who have been here for a long time - which has both advantages and disadvantages. Without the details of your situation I can't directly ... More

2. A comfortable and stable place to work

Pros

The people are awesome and there is a similar culture of work/life balance to Chevron Corporation. The annual holiday party is super - and so are the motivational Team Spirit days.

Cons

Your opportunity for upward mobility is limited. Very frequently the right hand does not talk to left hand. People can be very territorial about their projects.

Advice to Management

Embrace change once in a while! "That's the way we've always done it" is not a good reason for anything.

Jul 9, 2014 – VP HR

Thanks! Your comments about "silos" are very valid, and we are trying to question all of our processes more instead of doing the old "because we've always done it that way" thing. ... More