There are newer employer reviews for Chevron FCU

A comfortable and stable place to work

I worked at Chevron FCU

Pros

The people are awesome and there is a similar culture of work/life balance to Chevron Corporation. The annual holiday party is super - and so are the motivational Team Spirit days.

Cons

Your opportunity for upward mobility is limited. Very frequently the right hand does not talk to left hand. People can be very territorial about their projects.

Embrace change once in a while! "That's the way we've always done it" is not a good reason for anything.

Chevron FCU Response

Jul 9, 2014VP HR

Thanks! Your comments about "silos" are very valid, and we are trying to question all of our processes more instead of doing the old "because we've always done it that way" thing.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Chevron FCU (View Most Recent)

I loved it there.
    the culture is profession yet relaxed

Former Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Oakland, CA

I worked at Chevron FCU full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The management really cares about the diversity of the employees. Training is thorough. There are a lot of long timers there because it's a great place to work.
    It's so convenient to get to. the commute is easy.

Cons

The daily regimen can get a bit frustrating. As with all banking call centers it is tough job to deal with some customers but for the most part it's very rewarding at the end of the day

Keep up the good work

Big credit union, but still a very friendly place to work

Current Employee - Manager  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Chevron FCU full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This is a relatively small organization given the large amount of assets with the Credit Union, and there is a real effort made to make everyone feel included and important to the organization. With over 200 employees spread across four time zones, the Credit Union makes a good effort to bring people together, at least virtually. There are events seemingly every month celebrating a holiday or a company success. The CEO knows just about everyone by their first name. The comp and benefits are very good, and there are also some unique benefits like the sabbatical program that are very popular.

Cons

Things are always happening at the Credit Union: merger acquisitions, system enhancements, new products, etc. If you are uncomfortable with change, this may not be the place for you.

Share more with staff about changes that have been made based on employee input. Staff knows that management is listening (employee surveys, department meetings with CEO, etc.), but should hear more about what management is doing about what it hears.

Chevron FCU Response

Jul 9, 2014VP HR

Thanks for the feedback! For a $2.5 billion financial institution, we do a pretty good job of maintaining a small-company feeling.

There are newer employer reviews for Chevron FCU

Worked for Chevron FCU? Contribute to the Community!