There are newer employer reviews for Chevron FCU

Fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Chevron FCU full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Today the team spirit committee had nacho day for Cinco de Mayo. It was more than a free lunch. Everyone had a great time too.

If you are a whiner or a slacker this is not the place for you, but if you a good at your job and have integrity you will have stable employment and perks like massages and an awesome holiday party.

Cons

It isn't a big company so promotional opportunities can be limited. People do get promoted, but most people including managers stick around so the higher jobs don't open up as fast.

Jul 9, 2014VP HR

Thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear you seem to like working here!

reviews filtered by
  1. You must be cold hearted to work there.

Former Employee - CONSUMER LENDING in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - CONSUMER LENDING in Oakland, CA

I worked at Chevron FCU full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Pay and Benifits. Once a year they give you a holiday party.

Cons

Employees are not listened to, too many problems with upper management. The long time employees get away with being lazy and rude. No formal training, all training for the jobs come from other employees with bad attitudes and no desire to train you...so your trained incorrectly and dont you dare ask questions because you will be told that "I have already told you that" and left on your own to figure it out. The sad part about it is managment does not care.

Really listen to employees and look at the surveys you make everyone complete. Most employees believe you never even look at them considering nothing ever changes with the managments bad behavor.

Jul 9, 2014VP HR

Thanks for your feedback. We wouldn't conduct annual employee surveys if we weren't interested in finding out what our people think, and many changes have come about as a direct result of the ... More

2. I was stresses out daily by employees and managers bad behavoir, with HR's approval.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Chevron FCU

Pros

good benefits and great pay

Cons

The company promotes bad behavior in their employees and managers. They let bullies rule the department and fire employees who try to get help instead of addressing the issues. Upper management and HR allows this behavior. Retaliation is promoted. Several employees know this too well.

Please take to heart the surveys that are completed every year, when employees are honest and nothing seems to change it tells us that we are not valued as employees and can be treated badly by our management with your approval.

Jul 9, 2014VP HR

I'm sorry your experience was not more positive. Senior management very much takes our annual employee surveys to heart - that's why we do them! Even though our survey results are consistently ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Chevron FCU