There are newer employer reviews for Chevron Phillips Chemical

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Chevron Phillips Chemical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong committment to safety and the environment. Good company culture with dedicated leadership and employees who care about the company and their coworkers. Need for work-life balance is recognized and realized in most cases, although will shift more towards the "work" side as one climbs the corporate ladder.

Cons

Very flat organization, opportunities for promotion limited in some disciplines once one reaches 15-20 yrs experience. Formal training prgrams limited unless you are deemed "high potential."

57 Other Employee Reviews for Chevron Phillips Chemical (View Most Recent)

It’s nice to look forward to work on a Sunday night...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Chevron Phillips Chemical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I’m a relatively new employee (been here a little over a year), and I’m really enjoying working at Chevron Phillips. My pay and benefits are very competitive with my friends/colleagues who work in my field at other companies. My job is interesting and stimulating, but I feel like I have adequate resources to do my job. I’ve worked at two other companies – one small company and one giant corporation – and the thing that stands out the most to me so far about Chevron Phillips is the family atmosphere (at least that I’ve noticed at my location). The company even has what they call a “fun committee” whose sole purpose is to plan fun activities for employees during work hours, like a tailgate party during football season and a barbeque lunch during Rodeo season. I truly feel like my need for a work-life balance is valued, and that’s something that’s really important to me. As for the culture of the company, what I’ve noticed so far is that there is indeed a strong safety culture.

Cons

I haven’t worked here long enough to have anything to complain about, but I’ve heard some employees say it would be nice to have more training.

In an industry that will soon struggle to fill all of the open positions, I think CPChem is well positioned to hire the best of the best. Although the bonuses we receive are huge, it will also be important to make sure that employees’ base pay remains on par with the other leading companies in our industry.

Great Company Name - Poor People Environment

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Chevron Phillips Chemical full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great brand
    9/80 work schedule + competitive salary and benefits (within chemical industry)

Cons

In their own words this company is too lean and too mean, managers do not have leadership skills, they do not know the basics, and the HR department does not do anything about that. Actually they are (HR) the most unskilled people. New management in the surface, but the same old characters in the bottom. Weird culture, or non culture, and forget about core values, they do not exist. Lack off development opportunities, and the HR employee development department its only a name, its manager only is aware of senior executives, does not have any offering for the people that generate the revenue or is in the front line. The only thing that you can breath is fear

There are newer employer reviews for Chevron Phillips Chemical