Chevron Phillips Chemical

www.cpchem.com
  www.cpchem.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chevron Phillips Chemical

Great company headed in the right direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Chevron Phillips Chemical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership is involved and genuinely interested in the people that work for the company. For the most part, the people I've worked with are very competent and like what they do. It's a big company but with the personality of a small company.

Cons

Being global it's hard for those outside of the U.S. to feel attached to the company. Pay isn't as competitve as larger chemical companies (ExxonMobil, Shell, etc.) but it's decent. There isn't a lot of growth for my particular field, but for engineers it's a good place to be.

60 Other Employee Reviews for Chevron Phillips Chemical (View Most Recent)

It’s nice to look forward to work on a Sunday night...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Chevron Phillips Chemical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I’m a relatively new employee (been here a little over a year), and I’m really enjoying working at Chevron Phillips. My pay and benefits are very competitive with my friends/colleagues who work in my field at other companies. My job is interesting and stimulating, but I feel like I have adequate resources to do my job. I’ve worked at two other companies – one small company and one giant corporation – and the thing that stands out the most to me so far about Chevron Phillips is the family atmosphere (at least that I’ve noticed at my location). The company even has what they call a “fun committee” whose sole purpose is to plan fun activities for employees during work hours, like a tailgate party during football season and a barbeque lunch during Rodeo season. I truly feel like my need for a work-life balance is valued, and that’s something that’s really important to me. As for the culture of the company, what I’ve noticed so far is that there is indeed a strong safety culture.

Cons

I haven’t worked here long enough to have anything to complain about, but I’ve heard some employees say it would be nice to have more training.

In an industry that will soon struggle to fill all of the open positions, I think CPChem is well positioned to hire the best of the best. Although the bonuses we receive are huge, it will also be important to make sure that employees’ base pay remains on par with the other leading companies in our industry.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Chevron Phillips Chemical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong committment to safety and the environment. Good company culture with dedicated leadership and employees who care about the company and their coworkers. Need for work-life balance is recognized and realized in most cases, although will shift more towards the "work" side as one climbs the corporate ladder.

Cons

Very flat organization, opportunities for promotion limited in some disciplines once one reaches 15-20 yrs experience. Formal training prgrams limited unless you are deemed "high potential."

There are newer employer reviews for Chevron Phillips Chemical