Chevron

www.chevron.com
  www.chevron.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

Good place to work if you're an engineer

Current Employee - Manager in San Ramon, CA
Current Employee - Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Chevron

Pros

Great opportunities for O&G experienced hires and people with a strong desire to succeed at a company that is in a critical and growing business line: energy.

Cons

There is a lot of reliance on 'old' deciion-making. Chevron hired a lot of experienced people, but the decisions all get made by 25-year+ people. Can be frustrating at times.

Integrate feedback and ideas from experienced hire population into decision-making.

686 Other Employee Reviews for Chevron (View Most Recent)

Not a team, be prepared to be stepped on

Former Employee - Finance Intern in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Chevron

Pros

Decent pay, although I don't know how great the potential for raises really is. They are on a 9/80 schedule, so every other Friday you are off, wich was really nice. Potential to be a great career, I think I was just in a bad department.

Cons

If you are placed in a bad department, then there really isn't much you can do to get out. Management doesn't listen to your suggestions or concerns, even when they ask for them. I was an intern in a department that was going through layoffs every 30 days, so no one wanted to helo the intern out or give me work to help them with because everyone was trying to prove their own self worth. At least in the Finance division, people are not personable and it seems like most of the corporate finance work is about to be outsourced to the Phillippines - again, why would you place and intern in this department?!

If you don't need or don't want an intern in your department, PLEASE tell the college HR people not to place one there. There is more to life than just Chevron, if your greatest accomplishment in life is getting that gold chevron watch, you make me sad.

Exceptional--Especially Compared to Others

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Chevron

Pros

Cutting edge technologies, combined with high performing and ethical culture, able and caring management and employees. The culture is of "nice" people and it shows. Tremendously inward and outward looking, with a goal of becoming the preferred energy company of choice. Corporate goal of exceeding expectations of everyone and every community with whom the company comes in contact. People are proud of the company and what we do and are concerned about the welfare of each other as if we are family.

Cons

Compensation for similar jobs is not adjusted for geographic differences in cost of living, which is good for some and not so good for others. Otherwise, hardly a bad thing or complaint to be heard around the company.

Not much I can tell them--they get it and are doing an outstadning job.

There are newer employer reviews for Chevron