Chevron

www.chevron.com

Challenging and rewarding.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsChevron values employee work life balance, work place safety, encourages community involvement and offers opportunities for personal and professional development. The Chevron Way and the mantra, "do it right or not at all," ensure projects are thoughtfully pursued and employees don't feel pressured to "cut corners."

ConsDepartments may determine what development/training opportunities are availble to employees and unfortunately, many departments have very tight budgets which limits training opportunities that may cost $.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage management and employees to embrace The Chevron Way every day and not only when it's convenient. Recognize the "worker bees" and not just those who work on high profile projects. Encourage team building.

Mixed feelings during internship. Very bad after-taste due to unprofessional behavior of my manager.

Intern (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Chevron

Pros: Good work-life balance. (Some) exceptional leaders & managers. Cons: Blatant favoritism to "legacy" kids regardless of their actual ability… Advice to Senior Management: People leave their jobs because of their managers, so please do a good job when selecting your managers. There are those few managers who leave… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

good work/life balance, good job security

Petroleum Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Chevron

Pros: good work/life balance, good job security many god mentors for young employees management values… Cons: too many processes sometimes Chevron Way behavior is used as an excuse to whack down people not willing to let employee try… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage emplyoee to try different areas and expose them to a wide variety of projects… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Chevron.

Worked for Chevron? Contribute to the Community!