There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

Chevron provides a workplace for a satisfying career.

Current Employee - Scientist  in  Richmond, CA
Current Employee - Scientist in Richmond, CA

I have been working at Chevron

Pros

Work is relevant and important. There are opportunities to work in different areas of the business and in different technologies over the course of a career. The benefits include a yearly bonus, excellent contributions to a 401K, and a pension plan. Employees participate in a yearly survey and the results ot the survey are taken seriously. Advancement within the company is possible. Chevron's facilities and equipment are operated safety and reliably. Alternative work schedules are available and widely used.

Cons

There is still a "Good Old Boys" culture in some parts of the organization. The pace is fast and the workload can cause significant stress and long work hours.

Focus on both long term and short term objectives. Implement new technologies successfully. Continue the work to impove the public's impression of the company.

641 Other Employee Reviews for Chevron (View Most Recent)

Relaxed and stimulating place to work

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Chevron

Pros

Stable, relaxed yet stimulating, the company cares about it employes safety and health and builds this into its procedures and enforces them. The 401K match is generous and so are the health benefits. it is a company where a lot of freedom is given and responsibility expected to set ones own schedule at the same time they expect a lot from me but those freedoms and compensations balance this out very well

Cons

It can take a long time to get things done and there is a fair amount of paper work to do. Also there is office politics where advancement is about who you know and fitting in is emphasized than I think it should be compared with performance.

try to watch for social climbers and don't reward the squeeky wheels

I always said I would never work for a large corporation for many reasons, however Chevron has changed my mind.

Current Employee - Marketing Division  in  San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Division in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Chevron

Pros

The opportunities for career and personal development. If you are open to travel you have the opportunity to work anywhere in the world. Since I have been here for the past 4 years, my hard work has been recognized with promotions and better opportunities.

Cons

Unfortunately the good ole boy network, does exist at the most senior levels in management. However if you can demonstrate your value and contribution, you will be accepted.

Look more to your employees for solutions on how to solve business issues and less on what is the current trend from the consultants

There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

Worked for Chevron? Contribute to the Community!