Chevron
www.chevron.com San Ramon, CA 5000+ Employees

Chevron provides a workplace for a satisfying career.

Scientist (Current Employee)
Richmond, CA

ProsWork is relevant and important. There are opportunities to work in different areas of the business and in different technologies over the course of a career. The benefits include a yearly bonus, excellent contributions to a 401K, and a pension plan. Employees participate in a yearly survey and the results ot the survey are taken seriously. Advancement within the company is possible. Chevron's facilities and equipment are operated safety and reliably. Alternative work schedules are available and widely used.

ConsThere is still a "Good Old Boys" culture in some parts of the organization. The pace is fast and the workload can cause significant stress and long work hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on both long term and short term objectives. Implement new technologies successfully. Continue the work to impove the public's impression of the company.

Relaxed and stimulating place to work

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Chevron

Pros: Stable, relaxed yet stimulating, the company cares about it employes safety and health and builds this into its procedures and enforces them. The 401K match… Cons: It can take a long time to get things done and there is a fair amount of paper work to do. Also there… Advice to Senior Management: try to watch for social climbers and don't reward the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I always said I would never work for a large corporation for many reasons, however Chevron has changed my mind.

Marketing Division (Current Employee)
    San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Chevron

Pros: The opportunities for career and personal development. If you are open to travel you have the opportunity to work anywhere in the… Cons: Unfortunately the good ole boy network, does exist at the most senior levels in… Advice to Senior Management: Look more to your employees for solutions on how to solve… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Chevron.

Worked for Chevron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chevron reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chevron CEO John S. Watson. All reviews posted anonymously by Chevron employees.